Search found 557 matches

by Maxwell
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:59 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Net Neutrality?
Replies: 15
Views: 400

Re: Net Neutrality?

Yeah, keep Net Neutrality. If it goes away the big providers will run the internet and we'll see a lot of web sites get preferential treatment, and a lot more get throttled back or even denied because they go against someone's agenda. That agenda can be business like the Netflix v.s Hulu example abo...
by Maxwell
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:51 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Houston West Quadrant Breakfast
Replies: 191
Views: 8246

Re: Houston West Quadrant Breakfast

Maxwell wrote:darn. The one day I make it and it gets canceled?

If anyone shows, I’m in a grey polo and a hand brace.


Well, I guess I’ll leave disappointed. Maybe next month will be better.

Max
by Maxwell
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:34 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Houston West Quadrant Breakfast
Replies: 191
Views: 8246

Re: Houston West Quadrant Breakfast

darn. The one day I make it and it gets canceled?

If anyone shows, I’m in a grey polo and a hand brace.
by Maxwell
Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:49 pm
Forum: General Texas CHL Discussion
Topic: Why do we need 30.06/7?
Replies: 46
Views: 1589

Re: Why do we need 30.06/7?

When I was a kid, merchants were allowed to refuse to do business with anyone they chose. There was probably a racial element to that, so after the Civil Rights law passed about 1965, that was no longer allowed. I often wonder why it is not legal to ban someone from your business because they are a...
by Maxwell
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:28 am
Forum: General Texas CHL Discussion
Topic: Gun rights for a Felon?
Replies: 66
Views: 2012

Re: Gun rights for a Felon?

It amazing to me how many of you are ok with committing crime. Most of your arguments boil down to just that. If you can't do the time don't do the crime. And yes the time includes for the rest of your life if it was a felony. Crazy beliefs here. Maybe I missed something Hunter. Where in this threa...
by Maxwell
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:22 am
Forum: Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
Topic: Take the liberal gun quiz
Replies: 5
Views: 435

Re: Take the liberal gun quiz

At least the comments were consistent with known facts... :lol:
by Maxwell
Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 am
Forum: General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion
Topic: Straw Man Query
Replies: 35
Views: 1511

Re: Straw Man Query

I've actually heard the exact opposite when buying guns with my wife due to community property laws. Even with community property laws, the firearm is being transferred to one person by the licensed dealer. When selling to a business entity, one person acting on behalf of that business completes th...
by Maxwell
Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:12 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Houston West Quadrant Breakfast
Replies: 191
Views: 8246

Re: Houston West Quadrant Breakfast

The 18th? I might actually be able to make that one... I hope.
by Maxwell
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:38 am
Forum: General Texas CHL Discussion
Topic: Gun rights for a Felon?
Replies: 66
Views: 2012

Re: Gun rights for a Felon?

Just out of curiosity, and because I've heard (pure hearsay) different things, it'd be nice to have one of our Legal Eagles chime in on this.

:confused5
by Maxwell
Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:25 pm
Forum: Job Board
Topic: Well that was odd!
Replies: 30
Views: 1848

Re: Well that was odd!

I agree, a job is a job. I've been looking for about 2 months now with no luck. Unemployment helps, but just barely and it doesn't last forever. Most companies would rather get a fresh faced MBA grad than someone with 15+ years experience. Oh well. I'll keep saying my prayers and never give up. Jusm...
by Maxwell
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:58 pm
Forum: General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion
Topic: Straw Man Query
Replies: 35
Views: 1511

Re: Straw Man Query

Not quite Wysiwyg101. The operative term, as I remember from when I was selling firearms, is "Are you the actual transferee/buyer..." If he is not paying for the firearm he is not the buyer. Contrary to what has been said here, I was taught that the person paying has to fill out the 4473. ...
by Maxwell
Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:17 am
Forum: The Crime Blotter
Topic: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter
Replies: 333
Views: 15965

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

Reading a lot of different things. Remember, the media will report ANYTHING they hear or think they heard.
We will not have many of the facts for a while so let's not buy into the tin-foil conspiracies just yet.
by Maxwell
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:13 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: One song that "speaks" to you
Replies: 830
Views: 39302

Re: One song that "speaks" to you



If you knew me, you'd understand.
by Maxwell
Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:56 am
Forum: The Crime Blotter
Topic: Road rager pointed gun at woman
Replies: 84
Views: 3308

Re: Road rager pointed gun at woman

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Liberty wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Yep. Words fail me at this kind of moronic behavior.

And that's saying something!! :biggrinjester:

:iagree:

Me 2

This is an historic occasion. :txflag:

Me 3. :lol:

"rlol"
by Maxwell
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:25 pm
Forum: General Texas CHL Discussion
Topic: Berry Center, Cypress
Replies: 6
Views: 592

Re: Berry Center, Cypress

My thought has always been that it is school property and therefore off limits, school function or not. the Leos I've spoken to agree so you would probably take the ride and go to court at least, and I'm not going to be the test case. :leaving

Go to advanced search