Need a place to shoot.....

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
thirddd
Posts in topic: 1

Need a place to shoot.....

Post by thirddd »

Need a place to shoot in Brazoria County. Just moved there. Does anyone know of any local ranges near Lake Jackson. I heard of Greenwood Gun Club in Brazoria but need to know someone already a member and like I said, I just moved here.
" Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but force. Whenever you give up that force you, are ruined."

Partick Henry (1736-1799)

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

Greenwood is excellent. I should join but I'm too lazy and cheap.

Bayou Rifles, where I am a member, is also (IMHO) excellent. Greenwood is farther South, near Lake Jackson - I will see if I can find a map on the web. Bayou is in Juliff, between I-288 and FM 521, on CR 57 (County Road 57 is also called Manvel-Juliff Road). 3, 7, and 15 yard pistol, 25/50 yard pistol & rifle, 100 yard pistol & rifle, 200/300 and 600/1,000 yard rifle.

Pearland Shooter's Club (PSC) is also excellent. They are in Pearland and bigger on Practical Pistol type shooting than Bayou is. Bayou is more oriented toward rifle - has pistol ranges, but no IDPA or IPSC. Baily's (sp?) House Of Guns has a range and, I think, either IDPA or IPSC. They are near I-288 and 2234, just South of the 610 loop.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Andrew
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Return to “Shooting Ranges”