Good shooting this morning at Elm Fork

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Sasnakra
Posts in topic: 1

Good shooting this morning at Elm Fork

Post by Sasnakra »

Been a long time since I shot at Elm Fork (members at TargetMaster). Wife and I met several friends and had a very good experience. Top notch Range Officers and overall solid operation. Would recommend it for anyone in the DFW area. :patriot:
02/20/10 - TX CHL Received
NRA & TSRA

TyHoe
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Good shooting this morning at Elm Fork

Post by TyHoe »

Where is this located at? I live in Irving (recently moved from Keller) and Im looking for a new home range. I used to use ShootSmart indoor range on the corner of 35WN and Golden Triangle. Looking for a new range that isnt too far from the Irving area. Another range that I have been to that I was fond of was the one in Alpine. The range officers are jerks, but I liked their shotgun setup alot.

discoqueen

Post by discoqueen »

My family and I were at Elm Fork this afternoon (my first time there). It was pretty crowded, but being outdoors was really nice since we usually shoot our pistols at an indoor range. A very well run place. Can't wait to go back and I hope to try out their new pop up range!
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

TyHoe

Post by TyHoe »

Thats awesome. I didnt realize that there was one there. I mapquested it and it is less than 4 miles from my house. How is the pricing over there? Seems to be a nice place.

TyHoe

Post by TyHoe »

btw on the website I noticed that there was what appeared to be a stand that lifts you up in the air that you can shoot out of? Looks kinda like something that you would see at six flags. Looks awesome. Anyone have an experience on that?

cbucher

Post by cbucher »

You can also check out Greatsouthwestgun.com for an indoor range. It's in Grand Prairie not that far away.
If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. – The Dalai Lama

olafpfj

Post by olafpfj »

I'll give a shout out to Elm Fork. RO's have been fantastic on the rifle and pistol lines and I've shot the "Woods" sporting clay course a few times. Great range and always a good time. I just wish they were open on Monday which is my usual day off. I also try to only go on weekdays as I find the weekends way too crowded and chaotic.

Pro's: Great RO's, FMJ allowed on the 50yd line, steel bays for pistol, sporting clay course is great.
Con's: Little pricey for my taste but reasonable, no Irons on the 100yd line, not open on Monday, not open till 12 on weekdays
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

TyHoe wrote:Thats awesome. I didnt realize that there was one there. I mapquested it and it is less than 4 miles from my house. How is the pricing over there? Seems to be a nice place.
It's been a few months since I've been there. I thought it was a very nice place. Yes, it can get busy on the weekends. I think that is because it is a very nice place. IIRC, the price is around $15, but it is for the entire day. When I took my then 9y daughter for her first time, we spent 3 hours there.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TyHoe

Post by TyHoe »

Thats gonna be something that sucks for me too. Sunday and Monday are my days off. I would have to take a vacation day to get out there. Maybe I will. lol I may have to check that one in grand prarie out.

lipstickandlead

Post by lipstickandlead »

Thanks for the shout out's to Elmfork. Jeanie Almond AKA Mama-Shotgun runs the place. She's a hard worker, and tries to do a lot for the community as well.
"Shoot like a girl ... if you can" http://www.lipstickandlead.com

teddy salad

Post by teddy salad »

[quote="olafpfj"].... no Irons on the 100yd line..../quote]

That's unfortunate because I usually go with a 5 iron for 100yd shots.

barstoolguru

Post by barstoolguru »

AndyC wrote:It's in Irving, just off Luna Rd and Northwest Highway
It’s in Dallas on the Irving line, Luna rd. at North West hwy (north side). it's actually part of the elf fork golf course owned by the city of Dallas (all part of the trinity river basin). Sounds like they cleaned it up, 25 years ago it used to be an armpit and back then it was called the L.B. Houston shooting range
Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"......George Will

Return to “Shooting Ranges”