Dallas area shooting ranges

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
joshv53
Posts in topic: 2

Dallas area shooting ranges

Post by joshv53 »

Is there any ranges in the dallas area that yall would recommend? I am looking for an indoor facility that offers rentals. My wife is interested in the M&P Shield 9 but needs to shoot it first. Any recommendations would be great

SlickTX
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dallas area shooting ranges

Post by SlickTX »

It would help us with recommendations if you would note your city in your signature area (whatever that is called).

Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville is a nice range and I've rented the Shield 9mm there myself.
[Insert pithy witicism here]

Proudly carrying since 09/10.

race4beer

Post by race4beer »

SlickTX wrote:It would help us with recommendations if you would note your city in your signature area (whatever that is called).

Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville is a nice range and I've rented the Shield 9mm there myself.
:iagree:

Eagle is a great range, always has ammo and many available rentals (Handguns are $5, must buy ammo from them for the rentals). I've made test drives on anything I've purchased with their rentals.

mewalke

Post by mewalke »

If you go to Eagle in Lewisville (which I also recommend), inquire about the deal where you can rent 3 handguns and something like 50 rounds of ammo for a set price. It is a pretty good deal and allows you to test similar guns to see what you like best.

Last time I was there they had several slim compact carry guns available to rental including the Shield, CM9, Bodyguard 380 and others.

Topic author
joshv53

Post by joshv53 »

Thanks for the replies. And Slick my city is Corsicana. ThEre are no ranges near us whatsoever, hence why I asked for Dallas area ranges. No matter what I have to drive. Thanks again everyone

mewalke

Post by mewalke »

Being that far south, Lewisville is probably too much of a drive. There have to be some decent ranges with gun rentals closer to Dallas proper, I'm just familiar with that area at all.

A gunny co-worker of mine lives out near Garland so he probably has a better idea. If I catch him around the office today I'll ask for you.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Isn't there a range kinda south and maybe a smidgen east of Ft Worth? I can't remember what it's called, and possibly I'm wrong about the east bit.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

The closest indoor range to you is Bullseye Range and Guns in Duncanville.

Bullseye Range & Guns

1151 S. Cedar Ridge Dr.
Duncanville, TX 75137
972-780-1807
Mon-Sat: 11am - 8pm
Sunday: closed
bullseye-range-gun@sbcglobal.net

Here's a list of all indoor ranges within a 100 miles of Corsicana.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

equin

Post by equin »

I've been to Bullseye in Duncanville. It's a decent range and a small gun shop. I don't know if they rent guns, though.

A bit further northwest of Bullseye is Great Southwest Gun and Archery in Grand Prairie. They rent guns, or at least they used to. I think the ventilation and lighting is a bit better at Great Southwest than it is at Bullseye, but that's all subjective. Bullseye may be a bit cheaper as far as hourly range rates go, but I don't quite remember.
Ed

Medic218

Post by Medic218 »

SlickTX wrote:Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville
:iagree:

The employees and the facility are top notch. I love this place!!
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

+1 for Eagle if you've got the inclination . . .
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Dave2 wrote:Isn't there a range kinda south and maybe a smidgen east of Ft Worth? I can't remember what it's called, and possibly I'm wrong about the east bit.
You're probably thinking of Alpine, just south of Fort Worth/Everman on Shelby Road east of Forest Hills Drive (from Corsicana, US287 north to IH20 -stay to left and take IH20 westbound to the Forest Hills Drive exit, then turn left, about 5 miles and turn left on Shelby Rd. -at the 4-way stop).
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville. Numerous rentals of all types, Ammo, supplies and new and used guns for sale. Great professional staff, clean. After several visits I sprung for the family membership, something I have never done before.

gmckinl

Post by gmckinl »

Bullet Trap in Plano has a ton of rentals. They are listed on the website.
NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

jbenat

Post by jbenat »

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the brand new Frisco Gun Club (friscogunclub.com). We just joined today because today is the last day of pre-opening pricing. Hope it's worth the membership cost. We bought the Platinum family membership.
Pretty fancy for a gun range but it's only a few minutes from our house so for convenience sake we are in! :fire
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

Return to “Shooting Ranges”