Sportsman Shooting Center

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Guns_n_Vettes
Posts in topic: 1

Sportsman Shooting Center

Post by Guns_n_Vettes »

I recently purchased a S&W M&P 15 Whisper and was given a Gift Certificate to the Sportsman Shooting Center in Grapevine. So today I booked my apt and went. I have to say it is worth the drive and the money for the experience. SSC is set up for groups of 4 but I went alone and as a female I didn't feel out of place. I took a Ruger .22 hornet and a Remington 700 .243 that I used for the sighting tunnel portion. That's the results I attached. Anyone else been there?

http://www.sportsmanshootingcenter.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also found out about a new range in Forney that is now open. I have not been there but their range seems to be much different from the others around DFW. Currently have up to 300 yard rifle lanes but are opening a 1000 yard lane next week. Anyone been here yet?

http://fusiongunrange.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
Shooting0003.jpg
Shooting0002.jpg
Shooting0001.jpg

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Sportsman Shooting Center

Post by GeekwithaGun »

I received an email and signed up for their "SHWAT Hog Heaven" event on Saturday March 29 (this coming weekend). I signed up for the 11am - 1pm session.

http://www.sportsmanshootingcenter.com/bookeo.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Register for SSC / SHWAT Hog Heaven!

Shoot for free in the cinema range
Great giveaways
Special one day only gear and ammo deals
Free refreshments
SPONSORED by Aimpoint, H&K, Pork Choppers Aviation

*** I have no affiliation with SSC ***

Anyone else going, there are still spots open.
NRA Life Member

budroux2w
Posts in topic: 8

Post by budroux2w »

I've been twice already, once for the full experience on my own this past Saturday and then again yesterday for a quick sight in (really just wanted to shoot the AR again). The instructor that was with me both times, Randy, is excellent. They were extremely busy yesterday and no receptionist, but you wouldn't have noticed. I haven't been to a ton of shooting ranges but this one is by far a one of a kind and truely is an experience.

I haven't signed up for the hog event yet but I am planning on it, looks like there are still plenty of spots open. This is a great opprotunity to try this place out, all it will cost you is ammo.

I can't speak highly enough about SSC.

** I too have no affiliation with SSC **
NRA Life Member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

GeekwithaGun wrote:I received an email and signed up for their "SHWAT Hog Heaven" event on Saturday March 29 (this coming weekend). I signed up for the 11am - 1pm session.

http://www.sportsmanshootingcenter.com/bookeo.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Register for SSC / SHWAT Hog Heaven!

Shoot for free in the cinema range
Great giveaways
Special one day only gear and ammo deals
Free refreshments
SPONSORED by Aimpoint, H&K, Pork Choppers Aviation

*** I have no affiliation with SSC ***

Anyone else going, there are still spots open.
I will there tomorrow at 10:00AM.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Beiruty - I think I saw you today as you were leaving. I was exiting the simulator room.

Had a great time today, the facility is great, the cinema live fire is awesome, the simulator really showed me what I was doing wrong and how much I need to learn about shooting at moving game. The 100yd tunnel was quite the experience with a .223 rifle and 1x red dot. shot a 1.3" group a little high right (sorry no images to post). the red dot pretty much covered the black 9-10 ring part of the target and having the rifle in a rest that didn't allow a lot of manual movement probably helped me.

All in all great facility and people running it. I will be back.
NRA Life Member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

GeekwithaGun wrote:Beiruty - I think I saw you today as you were leaving. I was exiting the simulator room.

Had a great time today, the facility is great, the cinema live fire is awesome, the simulator really showed me what I was doing wrong and how much I need to learn about shooting at moving game. The 100yd tunnel was quite the experience with a .223 rifle and 1x red dot. shot a 1.3" group a little high right (sorry no images to post). the red dot pretty much covered the black 9-10 ring part of the target and having the rifle in a rest that didn't allow a lot of manual movement probably helped me.

All in all great facility and people running it. I will be back.
ArmedGeek,
Sorry, I missed you. You should have said Hi when you saw me.
Yep, I enjoyed my time there. It is a first class facility. The experience was top notch and I loved that Blaser 223 in the 100 tunnel. The HK MR516 was amazing piston driven rifle. The simulator is the best Media Room hunting game ever you can have. It was in 1080p HD. The real range with shooting scenes was amazing experience and I would like know what my rifle was scope can do.

Of course, I will be back. Maybe next Thursday to zero my new SSG04.

To promote HK, here is video review of HK MR516A1:
[youtube][/youtube]
Beiruty,

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Here is me shooting at the 100 yrd tunnel, 100 yrd using an Aimpoint dot. 1.3" group.
Beiruty,

Selina Kyle
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Selina Kyle »

I absolutely love this place. I've been 3 times now!!! I plan on attending Ladies Night again next week. Every time I've gone, I have had so much fun. As a new shooter, the instruction has been so valuable to me. Learning proper technique & seeing the results has truly boosted my confidence. The more I shoot, the more I want to shoot!!!! The facility itself is so nice, and everyone there is super helpful. Randy is my favorite instructor - I've been able to learn from him 2 out of the 3 times I've been, and he has really helped me.

LADIES-It's only $50 on ladies night which is the first Wednesday of every month!!! Well worth the $$$!!! :hurry:
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

budroux2w

Post by budroux2w »

AndyC wrote:
Beiruty wrote:Here is me shooting at the 100 yrd tunnel, 100 yrd using an Aimpoint dot. 1.3" group.
Do they allow FMJ and iron sights in their tunnel? I have a FAL I really want to sight-in with irons.
Yes they do, no miltary surplus though. If you're wanting to just use the tunnel you may want to call them first.
NRA Life Member

budroux2w

Post by budroux2w »

You are welcome :tiphat:
NRA Life Member

budroux2w

Post by budroux2w »

Anyone want to try this place out? I have a certificate for me and 3 other people, just need to bring your rifles and ammo. They also have rifles you can use there and ammo for purchase.

Post here if interested and we can set something up.
NRA Life Member

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

budroux2w wrote:Anyone want to try this place out? I have a certificate for me and 3 other people, just need to bring your rifles and ammo. They also have rifles you can use there and ammo for purchase.

Post here if interested and we can set something up.
Interested - just have to work out when. Maybe a weeknight after work?
NRA Life Member

budroux2w

Post by budroux2w »

I'm good any day after work (after about 5-6pm) or any weekend. Just need 2 more :cool:
NRA Life Member

Return to “Shooting Ranges”