TDSA vs Fusion vs ETTS

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
c.edgington
Posts in topic: 2

TDSA vs Fusion vs ETTS

Post by c.edgington »

I've decided I want to get a membership to a legitimate range. I've not been to any of these yet, however I've read through their websites and talked to as many people as I know that have been. Money really isn't a consideration as none of them are really THAT expensive. Any help on my decision? I'm interested in long-range rifle shooting and learning/practicing moving-shooting with a pistol. Thanks!!
Sent-01/22/2014
Plastic-3/15/14

SigM4
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TDSA vs Fusion vs ETTS

Post by SigM4 »

Have you looked into Parker County Sportsmans Club?
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Topic author
c.edgington

Post by c.edgington »

I posted this a while back... Anybody have any experience at these 3 ranges?
Sent-01/22/2014
Plastic-3/15/14

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I am a member of Parker County Sportsman's club, and it is a nice facility and good people. But it has limitations, the primary one (for me) being a distance limitation of 275 yards (for targets placed against the berm on the "C" range). PCSC is more of a traditional gun club. I have a group of friends that shoots at ETTS regularly and they are very enthusiastic about it - particularly for tactical and long range shooting. I plan to to join it this week. I don't really know about TDSA or Fusion.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

equin

Post by equin »

I only have experience shooting at TDSA. I like it, but it's not the prettiest range I've been to with its walls of tires. It's relatively close to where I live so I joined and paid their annual membership fee. The owner Len is a nice guy. If I remember correctly, they offer a "drive-by" type shooting event for a fee, but I've never tried it. Their rifle range goes out to 300 yards I believe, but I could be wrong about that.

If I remember correctly, TDSA is about the same price as Fusion, which is a bit farther from where I live. I've been to Fusion one time, but never got a chance to shoot there. It seemed like a nice place, but where I was, I couldn't see if they had any separate bays. Given how far away it is from where I live, I never considered paying for a membership.

I've never been to ETTS, which isn't too far from where I live. It looks nice from what I've seen on their website, but it's double the cost of TDSA. I suppose if I lived much closer, I might consider joining, despite the high cost, just for convenience sake.
Ed

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

I know Trident Response Group uses ETTS, and a friend has trained out there. I will be training there in early December, perhaps sooner.

It is down in Waxahachie, but for a 1200 yd range, that is a good bit closer than TacPro. Also lots of opportunity to "run n gun" as I was told. I will report back once I train out there.

The Annoyed Man

cyphur wrote:I know Trident Response Group uses ETTS, and a friend has trained out there. I will be training there in early December, perhaps sooner.

It is down in Waxahachie, but for a 1200 yd range, that is a good bit closer than TacPro. Also lots of opportunity to "run n gun" as I was told. I will report back once I train out there.
I was told by a friend who shoots there frequently that they have TWO long distance ranges. One is the 1200 yard range with targets marked distances, and the other one is of similar length, but the targets are at unknown distances. Teaches you to learn how to use your reticle.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
cyphur wrote:I know Trident Response Group uses ETTS, and a friend has trained out there. I will be training there in early December, perhaps sooner.

I was told by a friend who shoots there frequently that they have TWO long distance ranges. One is the 1200 yard range with targets marked distances, and the other one is of similar length, but the targets are at unknown distances. Teaches you to learn how to use your reticle.

I knew they had unknown range targets, was not aware they were on a separate range.

The Annoyed Man

cyphur wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

I knew they had unknown range targets, was not aware they were on a separate range.
I finally joined ETTS with a family membership yesterday. VERY cool place, and the friendliest people you can imagine running it. My wife went with me, and even though she is not an enthusiastic shooter, she was excited about the membership and is looking forward to their events.

#TINVOWOOT

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
cyphur wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

I finally joined ETTS with a family membership yesterday. VERY cool place, and the friendliest people you can imagine running it. My wife went with me, and even though she is not an enthusiastic shooter, she was excited about the membership and is looking forward to their events.
And here I thought 500 yards was going to be the furthest distance at any range around here. That's pretty cool.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
cyphur wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:

I shot there back in December with Trident Response Group, fantastic facility. A little bit of a drive for me, but well worth it. One of the closest 1k ranges I know of. The bays offer a ton of flexibility in training.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

There is also the 1K yard range, "The Battle field" at Jacobia's plain shoot range. Run by Paul McCoy. http://www.jacobsplaingc.com/
And, Bitter Clinger now at Applied Ballistics Course http://appliedballisticsllc.com/ballist ... minar2016/
Said there is 800 yards range at Fossil Pointe Shooting Range http://www.fossilpointe.net/
Then, there is http://vxmarksmanship.com/
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

ETTS or Battlefield not sure, however, I need to have access to 1k range.

Last weekend, I participated at 1k competition at Best of the West range, near Austin. I qualified at 750 yards, 3hits/out 5 in a row. However, I sucked at the competition since it was run under the clock.

ETTS or Jacobia's Battlefiled? :headscratch :headscratch
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “Shooting Ranges”