Lubbock Shooting Complex

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
SIRIT
Posts in topic: 1

Lubbock Shooting Complex

Post by SIRIT »

Good outdoor range. Down dirt county road so when rains gets a little bad and sometimes causes them to stay closed for a couple days. Two different pistol bays 15 yard and 25 yard with steel dueling trees, Rifle bay 200 yard side and 100 yard side with bench's, tactical bay 100 yard with steel silhouettes and end, 22 bay 100 yards with some steel and orange prairie dog targets, fun for the kids and adults alike. Shotgun range with clay launchers.

Gets a little busy on weekends like most places.

http://www.lubbockshootingcomplex.com

imkopaka

Re: Lubbock Shooting Complex

Post by imkopaka »

I've been there. It's not a bad place. :thumbs2:
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

bigity

Post by bigity »

Just went here this weekend - 32 bucks for my father in law and I. They apparently do have some kind of discount for vets/LTC but I got a better deal from them by letting my son in for free (9 year old).

Was pretty windy on rifle side but fine on pistol ranges. They have plenty of stands, and will lend you staple guns to hang targets, etc. Nice bathrooms (which is something alot of ranges are missing) - and seemed like decent prices in their store area.

Looks like they are adding a 600 yrd rifle range as well (currently 200 yrd is biggest one).

Not too crowded, didn't have to spend alot of time waiting in order to go down range or anything like that. Staff seemed pretty nice and helpful even the guy showing off his AR-15 to a couple of college girls out shooting for the first time - he kept calling it a 'military rifle'. :lol::

The skeet area seems like it might need work, it's along a road driving into the place and folks out there kept muzzling the road with their shotguns. I blame the shooters though, not the facility - but didn't see any range officers out there.

We had a blast and it was my sons first time at a range, he has been plinking away with a BB gun lately so let him shoot the .22LR. He liked that, but didn't like it when I let him shoot my SA XD 3.3" .40S&W - though he did keep ahold of it and didn't reflexively squeeze the trigger again trying to hang on (I only loaded one round just in case).
USAF Veteran|Ex-DoD Contractor|Information Technology
EDC: Springfield Armory XD Sub-Compact 40S&W 3"

yodajim
Posts in topic: 2

Post by yodajim »

We go here a lot , nice range , nice people
But it's like Sirit said , the road can be contrary :iagree:

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Yodajim, Welcome to the forum.

You may wish to reconsider you avatar. Rule #8.

yodajim
Posts in topic: 2

Post by yodajim »

troglodyte
thanks for the welcome
yes sir I did change my avatar
forum moderator also was not pleased

My bad ....................
:nono: :nono:

Return to “Shooting Ranges”