Shotgun friendly ranges near West Houston?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Javier730
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shotgun friendly ranges near West Houston?

Post by Javier730 »

With practice one can accurately hit with a pistol grip shotgun at close range. I train and shoot with out aiming down the sights and I've gotten pretty good. Like everything, practice.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Steve
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Steve »

To answer the original question. I forgot to mention that Top Gun allows shotguns at their indoor range. Buckshot or slugs only. Shotgun must be cased while being transported or waiting. They don't like people waving around unholstered or uncased firearms.

Top Gun is located right out side the loop on the west side.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Please dont ever shoot or let anyone you care about shoot that kind of shotgun from anywhere except the hip area. If you try to aim and shoot with that kind of weapon, most likely you will get hit in the face and get injured. I found out the hard way about 30 years ago. Oh and by the way...the American Shooting Center is still closed from the flooding for about the last two months now. It was about to open on Memorial day but then the rains came again and it stayed closed till further notice.

Steve
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Steve »

Shame to hear American Shooting Center is closed again due to the rain. If you are looking for an outdoor shotgun range and don't mind driving north of Houston, Creekwood Shooting Sports in Conroe has Skeet, Trap, 5-Stand, and Sporting Clays. Facilities are nice and modern. They also have a pistol range too but I haven't had a chance to use it.

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

:tiphat: Howdy. No, I am not into shotguns anymore. Most of my shooting is pistol and the American Shooting Center is very close to where i live. I hadn't shot any of my guns in more than 30 years until i got a wild hair and decided i'd go for my LTC in January. Thats when I started going to the ASC gun range to practice. The whole place looks like a lake right now. I watched video clip on Bing under american shooting centers houston.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”