Poll: LR Shooting on Saturday February 27, 2016 at TopGunTexas

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Are you attending LR Shooting at TopGun Range on Saturday February 27, 2016?

1) Yes, see me there
31%
2) Maybe, but I will confirm by next week
13%
3) I am sorry, I have other plans
56%

Total votes: 16

C-dub
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Poll: LR Shooting on Saturday February 27, 2016 at TopGunTexas

Post by C-dub »

Solaris wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Another awesome day on a great range - out to 500 yards, thanks to Beiruty! Nice to meet you C-dub!

Not sure what happened to Solaris, hope we didn't miss you somehow?
I got there before most I think and was ready to go. Then saw the No FMJ sign. Crap. I had handloaded Sierra GameKings which are a FMJ round. Could not get home and back in any reasonable time. Glad you all had a good time. Place was packed with Cowboy shooters!
That's a shame. I brought my Garand and couldn't shoot it because the only ammo I have for it is FMJ. Oh well, next time Solaris. Maybe you could load some non-FMJ rounds or shoot a different rifle with non-FMJ rounds.

I also saw the crowd when first turning in and was glad to see, when getting closer, that they were over at the cowboy action area.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Solaris wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Another awesome day on a great range - out to 500 yards, thanks to Beiruty! Nice to meet you C-dub!

I got there before most I think and was ready to go. Then saw the No FMJ sign. Crap. I had handloaded Sierra GameKings which are a FMJ round. Could not get home and back in any reasonable time. Glad you all had a good time. Place was packed with Cowboy shooters!
I had a last minute request from a close friend in dire straights to help move the last of her belongings out of her house, and could not come. Glad you all had a great time.

Solaris, neither the Gameking BTSP (boat tail soft point) nor Matchking BTHP (boat tail hollow point) are FMJ bullets and either would have been perfectly acceptable at a no-FMJ range.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Solaris
Banned

Post by Solaris »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Solaris wrote:

Solaris, neither the Gameking BTSP (boat tail soft point) nor Matchking BTHP (boat tail hollow point) are FMJ bullets and either would have been perfectly acceptable at a no-FMJ range.
Correct, but I did not have those. I had GameKing #2115 FMJBT. Loaded, these look no different than Win 3130 FMJ or any other bulk FMJ round.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Solaris wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Solaris wrote:

Correct, but I did not have those. I had GameKing #2115 FMJBT. Loaded, these look no different than Win 3130 FMJ or any other bulk FMJ round.
I learn something new everyday. I've never heard of a FMJ Gameking before.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Shooting Ranges”