Range membership advice

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Range membership advice

Post by puma guy »

Pawpaw wrote:Worse that that, it says "Official Partner of OCT".

That seals it for me. I wouldn't go there on a bet and Forney isn't too far away from me.
Paw Paw, so you're saying you won't recommend it for a meet up? "rlol" "rlol"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
TrueBlu
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TrueBlu »

Just to be clear. I meant that I am not the type to have someone take $300 out of my pocket, offer a service, and give me zip. However, I am also 53, since I have my CHL and have barely had speeding tickets I'm not going to go to anyone's private property and act stupid. Exactly why I haven't gone to see this fella, as he and the money aren't worth a fight or a trespassing charge. If he needed money and deserved the charity I'd give him the dang money. But, at this point he appears to be a dishonorable business owner at best.

If I do nothing but let people know this guy hasn't had the decency of any communication and so far he has "taken" my money with no form of service in return, it'll be worth the peace of mind that a few may avoid also giving him their money.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

puma guy wrote:

That seals it for me. I wouldn't go there on a bet and Forney isn't too far away from me.
Nope! Not even on your dime!!! :mrgreen:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Pawpaw wrote:
puma guy wrote:

Nope! Not even on your dime!!! :mrgreen:
I hope that guy is not to any of my family. Got a lot of kin in that neck of the woods. :shock:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

joe817

Post by joe817 »

TrueBlu wrote:Just to be clear. I meant that I am not the type to have someone take $300 out of my pocket, offer a service, and give me zip. However, I am also 53, since I have my CHL and have barely had speeding tickets I'm not going to go to anyone's private property and act stupid. Exactly why I haven't gone to see this fella, as he and the money aren't worth a fight or a trespassing charge. If he needed money and deserved the charity I'd give him the dang money. But, at this point he appears to be a dishonorable business owner at best.

If I do nothing but let people know this guy hasn't had the decency of any communication and so far he has "taken" my money with no form of service in return, it'll be worth the peace of mind that a few may avoid also giving him their money.

I totally agree TrueBlu. Sorry that you've had to go through this junk. Small claims court would be a good course of action IMO. I don't think any further communication would be of any benefit what so ever. Best of luck to you. :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

TrueBlu wrote:You know, I intentionally didn't include the name of the range. But I'm not sure at this point he deserves respect, and I have now asked for my money back, in writing, on multiple occasions. So, it's Fusion Range in Forney.
So now send him the link to this thread.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rotor

Post by rotor »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:This is one reason why I use credit cards whenever possible.

First, decide how much this matters to you. You could go with a small claims court filing if the amount is worth your time.
I agree with this.

If you go out to the range to shoot and someone is there to collect the daily fee (???) can't you go with your cancelled check and point out your claim at that time?
I guess what most surprised me is the annual cost. I pay $40 a year for a family membership and have trap, skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays (all are inexpensive ) as well as ranges.

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 1

Post by zimmerdesignz »

rotor wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:This is one reason why I use credit cards whenever possible.

First, decide how much this matters to you. You could go with a small claims court filing if the amount is worth your time.
I agree with this.

If you go out to the range to shoot and someone is there to collect the daily fee (???) can't you go with your cancelled check and point out your claim at that time?
I guess what most surprised me is the annual cost. I pay $40 a year for a family membership and have trap, skeet, 5 stand and sporting clays (all are inexpensive ) as well as ranges.
Where are you getting $40 a year for family?
:tiphat:

rotor

Post by rotor »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
rotor wrote:

I agree with this.

Where are you getting $40 a year for family?
Northwest Texas Field and Stream
http://www.nwtfs.org/membership

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

TrueBlu wrote:I think it's funny you assume I am a hair away from shooting someone when I say I am confrontational. No wonder people might hesitate to ask a question on this site. Sheesh!

Confrontational! From your story, I wouldn't consider you being confrontational. :smilelol5:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

rotor wrote:

I agree with this.

That's what I would do. Go to range like normal & tell manager or whoever is in charge on duty that they can look up the payment & solve it in a "I'm here & I paid my dues" type demeanor & I'm confident they will check then while you're there. Plus, like OP. said bring your cancelled check along. Best of luck.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

truckster wrote:
TrueBlu wrote:I think it's funny you assume I am a hair away from shooting someone when I say I am confrontational. No wonder people might hesitate to ask a question on this site. Sheesh!
I thought the same thing. Some people have a negative connotation with that word. I took your use of being confrontational in that you won't be bullied or treated as second class and you'd let the guy know he was fostering a terrible relationship with a potential long term member.

I too am the confrontational type but I'm quite tactful and methodical in my approach when needed.

I'm with y'all.
:iagree:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

joe817 wrote:
TrueBlu wrote:Just to be clear. I meant that I am not the type to have someone take $300 out of my pocket, offer a service, and give me zip. However, I am also 53, since I have my CHL and have barely had speeding tickets I'm not going to go to anyone's private property and act stupid. Exactly why I haven't gone to see this fella, as he and the money aren't worth a fight or a trespassing charge. If he needed money and deserved the charity I'd give him the dang money. But, at this point he appears to be a dishonorable business owner at best.

I totally agree TrueBlu. Sorry that you've had to go through this junk. Small claims court would be a good course of action IMO. I don't think any further communication would be of any benefit what so ever. Best of luck to you. :tiphat:
In my opinion, further communication should come in either the form of a letter from an attorney, or a subpoena for small claims court. If you let this stand, he will do it to other people too.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

I agree with some of the comments above: You need to go further than phone calls and emails before resorting to a lawsuit. I would suggest visiting to talk to them. You can go the letter route, but going in person just makes more sense. If you are concerned, set up your cell phone to record the conversation before you go in.

In all likelihood, the guy is just poorly organized and doesn't keep up well with messages. Of course, this all assumes he is still in business.

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

I paid for the use of the property. The business cashing my check gives me that right. Heck, I would have been there every weekend. The owner not calling me back and not having a card; does not prevent me from spending time with my love one, for something I paid for. Hell, I would have drove over there with a smile on my face asking for assistance. Why should I treat this issue different than any other issue, ie: Walmart return or Best Buy. I guess I missed something here..

Return to “Shooting Ranges”