Range membership advice

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Range membership advice

Post by mrvmax »

Deitz83 wrote:I paid for the use of the property. The business cashing my check gives me that right. Heck, I would have been there every weekend. The owner not calling me back and not having a card; does not prevent me from spending time with my love one, for something I paid for. heck, I would have drove over there with a smile on my face asking for assistance. Why should I treat this issue different than any other issue, ie: Walmart return or Best Buy. I guess I missed something here..
Whether he paid or not if he just showed up the owner could still ask him to leave, just like at Best Buy or WalMart. If he refused to leave claiming he paid I doubt the Police would be sympathetic, I tend to think they would make him leave or arrest him if necessary. He needs to get the issue cleared up before going.

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deitz83 »

I just spoke to Derk the owner. He said, there is no issue, come and shot. He has some type of RFD card he gives to members. He offered me a free day at the range. I plan on taking the wife.

lostdog699
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lostdog699 »

A response has been sent to TrueBlu regarding his issue at our range, and we will make it good. We value our customers, and despite the weather challenges of last year, we have gotten our processes more efficient and have made many improvements to the range. FYI: one of our potential members contacted us about this thread so we could address it and make sure issues like this do not happen in the future. Thank all of you for your constructive remarks, and thank you for continuing to support Second Amendment related forums.

Topic author
TrueBlu
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TrueBlu »

Lost dog, thank you for the response. I sent you a PM back. As long as I receive my refund, I'll be happy. I prefer to not take the legal route as it costs us both money and time. I'd far rather have you do the right thing by sending the refund. If received, I'm good.

I prefer to not show up on another's private property with an issue. I've learned lessons from my own mistakes. I won't put myself in that position typically.

Topic author
TrueBlu

Post by TrueBlu »

I appreciate the help folks. I'm still one of those old enough guys that believes you should give people the chance to make good. My last post was nearly two weeks ago. I did receive several private messages from the supposed new manager of Fusion seemingly to fix the issue. He asked if I was in town last week, which I wasn't for a few days. Once I returned, I sent him several text messages. Fell on deaf ears. Looks like smalls claims it is. Where I have heard some good reports on this place, just wanted to let those in the area know that my experience has been far from positive.

Thanks!

Topic author
TrueBlu

Post by TrueBlu »

Thought it was only fair on my part to post that Fusion has now made good on the promise in a PM to return my money. I received the check today. So, from my standpoint Fusion has met their obligation with me.

Thank you!

lfinsr

Post by lfinsr »

While your situation may have been settled I would still be apprehensive about the place. Read here for another account.

If the owner is reading this I would remind you that gun owners have a long memory... :rules:
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

nyj

Post by nyj »

You got ripped off with that pricing to begin with.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

lfinsr wrote:While your situation may have been settled I would still be apprehensive about the place. Read here for another account.

If the owner is reading this I would remind you that gun owners have a long memory... :rules:
A long memory and they are not afraid to talk with one another

The 4th

Post by The 4th »

I teach paralyzed vets and folks who use wheelchairs LTC carry issues for wheelchair users. I have been to Lone Star Gun Club twice with good size classes and have nothing but good things to say about the folks running the place. They have bent over backward to insure we had everything we need for good classes. We are headed back out this coming Saturday for a LTC proficiency exam.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Following the link, apparently Fusion Range has changed its name to Lone Star Gun Club. New owners?
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

RossA wrote:Following the link, apparently Fusion Range has changed its name to Lone Star Gun Club. New owners?
My understanding is that it is the same owner but I have no objective vidence that could be used to verify.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

RossA wrote:Following the link, apparently Fusion Range has changed its name to Lone Star Gun Club. New owners?
Are these two in any way connected? They have different addresses, different AC and phone numbers. Lone Star is in Mesquite and Fusion is in Forney with different addresses. Makes no sense.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Shooting Ranges”