San Antonio Ranges and CHL Class

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Soap
Deactivated until real name is provided
Posts in topic: 3

Re: San Antonio Ranges and CHL Class

Post by Soap »

Amonix wrote:Awesome replies. We live next to the National Shooting Complex but my understanding from their site is it is not much of a place to go shooting to practice / range shoot. Also is there any community events with us from the forums for like a meet and greet? If not maybe we can meet up Monthly for a range day. :-)
Feel free to PM me if you want to go out shooting. I took my LTC class at Nardis when I first moved here. They're in San Antonio and it is a very nice range. They even have a little diner. They are kind of expensive to shoot at but its indoors. I like a place to shoot and I've been wanting to try cedar range and Bexar community. Let me know bud, I have a good arsenal you guys can shoot if you want. My wife is also planning to get her LTC.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Soap wrote:
jmorris wrote:I like Bexar Community east of town off Trainer-Hale road. It's a very basic range with some overhead cover and steel tables. There are no set targets. You pick up your B27 (or 2 or 3 or....many as you like) at the counter, put the target holder(s) where you want, and proceed to shoot. There is no RSO, we all just act like adults. I've been there dozens of times and there's never been a problem. Two big advantages to me is that I can shoot my black powder pistols (many ranges don't allow it) and I can practice with my personal defense shotgun.

Now if they just had an instructor range I could reserve it'd be perfect.

Oh yes, it's $9 for one target, as many guns as you want, and as long as you want.
So I guess you have to get everyone to stop shooting to put a target up?
Yes. Never been a problem any time I've been there and there's been up to probably a dozen shooters at times. That's probably the max that can accommodated. It's not large. Bexar Community is mainly a trap and skeet range.

Same is true of the rifle ranges.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Soap
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by Soap »

jmorris wrote:
Soap wrote:
jmorris wrote:I like Bexar Community east of town off Trainer-Hale road. It's a very basic range with some overhead cover and steel tables. There are no set targets. You pick up your B27 (or 2 or 3 or....many as you like) at the counter, put the target holder(s) where you want, and proceed to shoot. There is no RSO, we all just act like adults. I've been there dozens of times and there's never been a problem. Two big advantages to me is that I can shoot my black powder pistols (many ranges don't allow it) and I can practice with my personal defense shotgun.

Now if they just had an instructor range I could reserve it'd be perfect.

Oh yes, it's $9 for one target, as many guns as you want, and as long as you want.
So I guess you have to get everyone to stop shooting to put a target up?
Yes. Never been a problem any time I've been there and there's been up to probably a dozen shooters at times. That's probably the max that can accommodated. It's not large. Bexar Community is mainly a trap and skeet range.

Same is true of the rifle ranges.
I might check out the pistol range. I just hate having to trust others for knowing their safety.

KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KLB »

I no longer go to A Place To Shoot because of the people that tend to go there.
I've never had a problem there, but because I'm retired, I have the luxury of shooting on weekday mornings. It's a nice facility.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”