Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Accident At Florida Range

Post by howdy »

http://news.sky.com/story/1659097/six-p ... ting-range

"A 21-year-old man was loading an antique double-barreled shotgun when he mistakenly fired it at the ground at the Forest Road 88 Shooting Range at Ocala on Saturday"......
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

sjfcontrol

Re: Accident At Florida Range

Post by sjfcontrol »

Yeah, the news report I watched this evening talked about how the "bullets" from the shotgun shell bounce off the ground and injured numerous people and children. None seriously. You'd think that eventually the media would get somebody (anybody) to report these things that had an inkling of what they were talking about. SMH
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

sjfcontrol wrote:Yeah, the news report I watched this evening talked about how the "bullets" from the shotgun shell bounce off the ground and injured numerous people and children. None seriously. You'd think that eventually the media would get somebody (anybody) to report these things that had an inkling of what they were talking about. SMH
The story above says 'pellets', so they may have updated it to correct the error. Hopefully the children are not seriously injured and recover quickly.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I know that antique shotguns in particular are prone to discharge on their own :shock: when you load and close them due to worn out sear.
I wonder if that might have been the case here.

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Channel 13 ABC World News this evening reported all 6 people did not have life threating injuries.
"They were all going to be fine"
That was a serious blessing.
:tiphat:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Return to “Shooting Ranges”