Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Soap
Deactivated until real name is provided
Posts in topic: 1

Anyone near San Antonio?

Post by Soap »

Anyone in driving distance that has some land I could shoot on with my wife? I can sign a contract and even offer some money for the time.

Javier730

Re: Anyone near San Antonio?

Post by Javier730 »

Why not visit a range?
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

WinoVeritas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WinoVeritas »

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

"San Antonio’s Most Progressive Range"

What the heck is a "progressive" range?
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

lildave40

Post by lildave40 »

sjfcontrol wrote:

My guess is they have gender neutral restrooms? I see you can download your vcard from there sight. :)

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Javier730 wrote:Why not visit a range?

Since the OP has not replied I can tell a quick story of why one may not want to shoot in a range...
My friends wife is extremely nervous when she is in a range with strangers. Her anxiety goes through the roof and you can see it manifest in her body language. When we shoot in the pasture at another friends place she is much more relaxed.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

This is one of the few things I miss about my home state of Kansas. For the first 20 years of my life, I didn't know that gun ranges even existed. Out in south western Kansas, my farmland was my range. No range fees, no rapid fire rule, no distance limits, no ban on certain ammo or calibers... It's not hard to see why someone would prefer country shooting to a range. In fact, every time I go to a range I wish I was out in a pasture.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

I would love to have private land to shoot on. Just think of the different types of training you can do when you aren't limited by the range rules someone else imposes.
Granted, some range rules are necessary, but they certainly limit what you can do.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

WinoVeritas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WinoVeritas »

lildave40 wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:

My guess is they have gender neutral restrooms? I see you can download your vcard from there sight. :)
There is only 'one' restroom for all, but doubt that has anything to do with their use of "progressive" on their web page or politics - more to do with less restrictive (dare I say liberal - LOL) than most ranges, as it's outdoors, fairly wide open (not claustrophobic) on pistol ranges and they allow holstering, defensive training (w or w/o instructor), rapid fire, drawing/firing, you tend your targets, in short, as long as you're not acting stupid/dangerously, left alone - depending on crowd (I go weekdays and most times sole user with a few stragglers here and there) - very friendly, family owned, reasonable yearly membership fee. I usually take several guns and spend about half a day leisurely.

It's a 70 mi round trip for me. I have one range 6 mi. from my house and pass three others on the way there - it's worth the drive vs the others which or either indoors, too restrictive, expensive, unfriendly or jam packed.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Daddio-on-patio wrote:
Javier730 wrote:Why not visit a range?

Since the OP has not replied I can tell a quick story of why one may not want to shoot in a range...
My friends wife is extremely nervous when she is in a range with strangers. Her anxiety goes through the roof and you can see it manifest in her body language. When we shoot in the pasture at another friends place she is much more relaxed.
:iagree: mine too.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Shooting Ranges”