Waco Gun Range?

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bfeehan13
Posts in topic: 1

Waco Gun Range?

Post by bfeehan13 »

Recently got my LTC in DFW Area while working this summer. Going back to Waco for school and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for where to shoot? All I plan to shoot is my 9 mm. Any suggestions would be helpful, haven't found much updated information online.

DocV

Re: Waco Gun Range?

Post by DocV »

Chandler's Range http://chandlersgunshop.com/index.html
Central Texas Pistol and Rifle club http://www.ctrpclub.org

PM me when you are in Waco. I will be happy to let you be my guest at ctrpclub some day.

SWAMPRNR

Post by SWAMPRNR »

I second Chandlers. Very friendly place

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Chandlers is where I took my class and who I get to do FFL transfers from Gun Broker. They are good people.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Z0Tex

Post by Z0Tex »

I had a membership at Chandler's when I was living in Waco. Great place to shoot.

I live in Temple now (still work in Waco) and there is a great indoor range only a few minutes from where I am and would be about 45 minutes from you, depending on where in Waco you are. Lookup Hawkeye Academy when you get a chance. There is also an indoor rifle and pistol range opening in Belton this fall, around October the last I heard.

Revet

Post by Revet »

I'm glad to see Chandler's get support. They're good folks who really got put through the ringer. First Mr. Chandler passed away and then their part time next door neighbor sued them and forced an expensive remodel.
Common sense is not common practice.
NRA Benefactor, TSRA life member.

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Revet wrote: ... and then their part time next door neighbor sued them and forced an expensive remodel.
Alice called the new berm her "Mercedes".
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I got involved in that case after another attorney tried the case and lost. (I'm not saying it was his fault. All trial attorneys win cases we should lose and lose cases we should win. You never know what a jury will do.) The neighbor wanted even more "improvements" added, but I was able to get the judge to agree she had done enough and to lift the injunction. Alice is a wonderful woman and I'm glad to hear her business is doing well. She was a kind and gentle person throughout her ordeal and I admire her greatly. It was an honor to represent her and that's not always possible to say.

Chas.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”