New Range being built in Flower Mound Tx

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New Range being built in Flower Mound Tx

Post by ScottDLS »

I wonder if you could get enough land near Dallas/Fort Worth to build a personal range for $20k. You'd have to be pretty far out I think. Since I live in Flower Mound the new range is pretty tempting.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

chasfm11 wrote:
RPBrown wrote:Is this being built by our very own Crossfire???
No. I know the owner of the new range.
Don't know where he came up with the name, but would think they would have researched the shooting community better than to take a name that encroaches on a company that has been in existence for about 15 years in their area. :banghead:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Keith B wrote:
chasfm11 wrote:
RPBrown wrote:Is this being built by our very own Crossfire???
No. I know the owner of the new range.
Don't know where he came up with the name, but would think they would have researched the shooting community better than to take a name that encroaches on a company that has been in existence for about 15 years in their area. :banghead:
Especially since Mr & Mrs Crossfire have been investigating building a range for a good long while now.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

camjr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by camjr »

More room for me at Eagle in Lewisville!

flechero

Post by flechero »

AndyC wrote:
rentz wrote:For 20k I'll just buy land and make my own range
:iagree:
Either of you priced land lately? Around the metroplex you can't buy enough land for a single pistol bay for $20k. :lol:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

flechero wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Either of you priced land lately? Around the metroplex you can't buy enough land for a single pistol bay for $20k. :lol:
I'm sure the landowner stripped off the mineral rights too. That property is right next to a big horizontal drilling operation.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

rentz
Posts in topic: 7

Post by rentz »

flechero wrote:
AndyC wrote:
Last I checked you've got to go about an hour outside dfw to get cheaper pricing

rentz
Posts in topic: 7

Post by rentz »

camjr wrote:More room for me at Eagle in Lewisville!
That's going to be my new one if I ever get time on the weekends :mrgreen:

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

I got in on early availability for Crossfire, as a Dynamic member, and paid under $500 for a year. Supposedly per their terms, I'll keep that pricing as long as I keep an active membership. Considering it will be the only rapid fire, shoot and move indoor range that I know of(or is remotely close to me), I think it works out well. Especially since right now it's about 2 miles from my house.

Shooting at Eagle is great, and you can't beat $10 daily rates Monday through Thursday for veterans. As it were, very little practical shooting is done in a static position, unfortunately.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

cyphur wrote:I got in on early availability for Crossfire, as a Dynamic member, and paid under $500 for a year. Supposedly per their terms, I'll keep that pricing as long as I keep an active membership. Considering it will be the only rapid fire, shoot and move indoor range that I know of(or is remotely close to me), I think it works out well. Especially since right now it's about 2 miles from my house.
Are those Dynamic memberships still available? My sister and her family might be interested since that is also not too far from them.

Otherwise, they'll just keep going to Eagle and come with me to my club whenever they want to draw, move, and engage one or more targets with rapid fire as needed.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

CZp10
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CZp10 »

C-dub wrote: Otherwise, they'll just keep going to Eagle and come with me to my club whenever they want to draw, move, and engage one or more targets with rapid fire as needed.
There is a club that allows dynamic shooting?

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

CZp10 wrote:
C-dub wrote: Otherwise, they'll just keep going to Eagle and come with me to my club whenever they want to draw, move, and engage one or more targets with rapid fire as needed.
There is a club that allows dynamic shooting?
A private club with a limited membership that is open to the public for most matches, but not all. Dynamic shooting can be done with handgun, rifle or shotgun. We just don't shoot at the target backers with a shotgun. For that I typically pick up old clays from the 5-stand area that didn't break and set them up on the berm in one of the 25y areas.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

CZp10
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CZp10 »

C-dub wrote: A private club with a limited membership that is open to the public for most matches, but not all. Dynamic shooting can be done with handgun, rifle or shotgun. We just don't shoot at the target backers with a shotgun. For that I typically pick up old clays from the 5-stand area that didn't break and set them up on the berm in one of the 25y areas.
I see, thanks for the information.
We like shooting at Eagle, and the new location has better lane dividers and programs to turn the target.
But we do get bored of the same old thing sometimes. We will look into this new Flower Mound one when it opens, it would be nice to have a place to work on more real world practice.

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

C-dub wrote:
cyphur wrote:I got in on early availability for Crossfire, as a Dynamic member, and paid under $500 for a year. Supposedly per their terms, I'll keep that pricing as long as I keep an active membership. Considering it will be the only rapid fire, shoot and move indoor range that I know of(or is remotely close to me), I think it works out well. Especially since right now it's about 2 miles from my house.
Are those Dynamic memberships still available? My sister and her family might be interested since that is also not too far from them.

Otherwise, they'll just keep going to Eagle and come with me to my club whenever they want to draw, move, and engage one or more targets with rapid fire as needed.

As far as I know, they still have a few available. You can find more info on their Facebook page for pre-opening prices. Otherwise they have annual membership descriptions on their website: http://crossfiredefense.com/membership/

I got in at roughly 1/2 off the price of an annual membership, so I am not complaining. Letting us draw from holster indoors is no small feat. As far as shooting in front of the line, they mention for specialized training or courses of fire, it is available. Also has targets that will rotate, automated programs to pop targets up, etc. Should be interesting.

If I want to do full dynamic shooting where it is move and fire, at will, I'll go to the dynamic range behind Quail Creek or down to ETTS.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”