New Gun Range opened in Argyle Texas

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gtolbert09

New Gun Range opened in Argyle Texas

Postby gtolbert09 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 am

407 gun club now open. It's located on FM 407 in Argyle. Pretty close to I35W and FM 407 intersection. It's right next to where the new DEFENDER Store is going to be. I haven't been to it, just noticed the signs when I was out that way. Apparently it opened July 31st. They don't have a website, but do have a facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/407gunclub
USAF 1983-1994
NRA Member
TSRA Member

puma guy

Re: New Gun Range opened in Argyle Texas

Postby puma guy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:33 am

That's a nice facility. It may be worth the drive when I visit Mansfield.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WTR

Postby WTR » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:35 am

I can't believe how much you guys have to pay to shoot.

puma guy

Postby puma guy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:47 pm

WTR wrote:I can't believe how much you guys have to pay to shoot.

What do you usually pay and what would you consider too much? I see the cost at this range is $20 an hour, more than I'm used to, but it looks like a nice operation. I use public ranges when I visit my daughter in Mansfield. I.E. Alpine, Bullseye, Target Time, Tx Gun Range and I've been to Elm Fork for a few forum get togethers. On my home grounds I shoot at a private range with yearly membership. It's one of the top ranges in the USA.

puma guy

Postby puma guy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:51 pm

gtolbert09 wrote:407 gun club now open. It's located on FM 407 in Argyle. Pretty close to I35W and FM 407 intersection. It's right next to where the new DEFENDER Store is going to be. I haven't been to it, just noticed the signs when I was out that way. Apparently it opened July 31st. They don't have a website, but do have a facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/407gunclub

Found their website:
http://www.407gunclub.com/

WTR

Postby WTR » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:03 pm

puma guy wrote:

What do you usually pay and what would you consider too much? I see the cost at this range is $20 an hour, more than I'm used to, but it looks like a nice operation. I use public ranges when I visit my daughter in Mansfield. I.E. Alpine, Bullseye, Target Time, Tx Gun Range and I've been to Elm Fork for a few forum get togethers. On my home grounds I shoot at a private range with yearly membership. It's one of the top ranges in the USA.

Private club, $36.00 per year. Indoor and outside pistol ranges, 300 meter outside rifle range.... Self monitored.

SigM4

Postby SigM4 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Maybe it's just me, but this picture from their photo album doesn't instill a lot of confidence. It may be all due to camera angle, and each may have a very clear lane ahead of them, but I would not want to be in any of the front rows knowing that someone has holding a gun like that behind me.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

puma guy

Postby puma guy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:22 pm

WTR wrote:
puma guy wrote:

Private club, $36.00 per year. Indoor and outside pistol ranges, 300 meter outside rifle range.... Self monitored.

That's a great deal. We should all be so fortunate.

cyphur

Postby cyphur » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:54 am

puma guy wrote:
WTR wrote:
puma guy wrote:

That's a great deal. We should all be so fortunate.

$10 a day for veterans at Eagle gun range. Or, the $400 dynamic membership at Crossfire.

Not $36 a year, but sure isn't $20 an hour.

Jusme

Postby Jusme » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:09 am

SigM4 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but this picture from their photo album doesn't instill a lot of confidence. It may be all due to camera angle, and each may have a very clear lane ahead of them, but I would not want to be in any of the front rows knowing that someone has holding a gun like that behind me.

Just now saw this. I agree even if they are somewhat staggered, the lady in the back row, is lined on the one, in the front row, in the white shirt. I hope those are training (non-firing) guns, but even so, that is not a good training method in my opinion.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Shooting Ranges”