New range!

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
bobby
Posts in topic: 3

New range!

Post by bobby »

The Texas gun club opened in Stafford Tx. 5 min from my house. Yep I’m happy! Now we need to get a Tuesday night pistol match going, or Monday, Wednesday, Thursday!!!!! Not Friday as my wife owns that. Hehhehe

https://texasgunclub.com
:txflag:

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Re: New range!

Post by SQLGeek »

It's nice to see this new crop of ranges in Fort Bend county. For a while there the pickings were pretty slim.
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
bobby

Post by bobby »

Yep and I got a membership for $65 a month. Not great but not bad. Some Free classes included. Plus they are going to have a pistol league starting the new year.

Cheapsk8
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Cheapsk8 »

I joined as well, hopefully I make full use of my membership my youngest 17 and I have already been several times. As a new LTC holder I was looking for a place to frequent. 9 miles away and about 15 min straight shot down 90 more or less. Look forward to meeting new folks there and share some comradery.

I also posted a post about the club, my search abilities failed me and I did not see you posted prior to me. Maybe they will merge the two threads
In life as in baseball, it is the number of times you reach home safely that count.

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

I grew up right there in Sugar Creek and went to Dulles schools. My parents still live there, so I went there to shoot the other day and was thoroughly impressed. They offer a 50 yard rifle and 25 yard ranges, one with equipment shoot at moving targets. (The paper targets can rotate, and rush forward and backward, etc).

I thought the staff was very nice, and seemed more knowledgable than what you typically find. Most importantly, they didn't have the ego that you seem to find at a lot of places.

If I lived closer, I'd join, but coming from Katy, I know I won't be there enough to make it worth it.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Scott in Houston wrote:I grew up right there in Sugar Creek and went to Dulles schools. My parents still live there, so I went there to shoot the other day and was thoroughly impressed. They offer a 50 yard rifle and 25 yard ranges, one with equipment shoot at moving targets. (The paper targets can rotate, and rush forward and backward, etc).

I thought the staff was very nice, and seemed more knowledgable than what you typically find. Most importantly, they didn't have the ego that you seem to find at a lot of places.

If I lived closer, I'd join, but coming from Katy, I know I won't be there enough to make it worth it.
Did you notice if they offered rentals?

Edit: Nevermind, they do. Just found the pricing on their site.
Psalm 91:2

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

SQLGeek wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:I grew up right there in Sugar Creek and went to Dulles schools. My parents still live there, so I went there to shoot the other day and was thoroughly impressed. They offer a 50 yard rifle and 25 yard ranges, one with equipment shoot at moving targets. (The paper targets can rotate, and rush forward and backward, etc).

Did you notice if they offered rentals?

Edit: Nevermind, they do. Just found the pricing on their site.
And if you get a membership, the rentals are "free".

rp_photo

Post by rp_photo »

I've been a member since December and am loving it! The online reservation system is great, and it's conveniently close to my office in Sugar Land.

All my shooting has been on the Freedom Range thus far, with everything from an NAA 22 Short to AR-15 and 12-gauge.

Rifles to 223/5.65 caliber and shotguns with 00 or slugs are OK on all ranges.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

What does one get for $65 per month? That seems awfully expensive.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Topic author
bobby

Post by bobby »

Free gun rental, no charge range time, free ffl transfer. I go 3 days a week and run 100 to 300 rds of 22

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

LDB415 wrote:What does one get for $65 per month? That seems awfully expensive.
I'm assuming the base benefit is unlimited range sessions. Generally speaking, these memberships break even if you use the range at least 4 times a month.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”