New range!

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1


Topic author
bobby
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:57 pm
Location: HOUSTON
Contact:

New range!

Postby bobby » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:04 am

The Texas gun club opened in Stafford Tx. 5 min from my house. Yep I’m happy! Now we need to get a Tuesday night pistol match going, or Monday, Wednesday, Thursday!!!!! Not Friday as my wife owns that. Hehhehe


https://texasgunclub.com
:txflag:

Vetus Crassus Holsters.

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts: 2743
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: New range!

Postby SQLGeek » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:29 pm

It's nice to see this new crop of ranges in Fort Bend county. For a while there the pickings were pretty slim.
Psalm 91:2


Topic author
bobby
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:57 pm
Location: HOUSTON
Contact:

Re: New range!

Postby bobby » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Yep and I got a membership for $65 a month. Not great but not bad. Some Free classes included. Plus they are going to have a pistol league starting the new year.
:txflag:

Vetus Crassus Holsters.


Cheapsk8
Junior Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Re: New range!

Postby Cheapsk8 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:50 pm

I joined as well, hopefully I make full use of my membership my youngest 17 and I have already been several times. As a new LTC holder I was looking for a place to frequent. 9 miles away and about 15 min straight shot down 90 more or less. Look forward to meeting new folks there and share some comradery.

I also posted a post about the club, my search abilities failed me and I did not see you posted prior to me. Maybe they will merge the two threads
In life as in baseball, it is the number of times you reach home safely that count.

User avatar

Scott in Houston
Senior Member
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Houston

Re: New range!

Postby Scott in Houston » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:22 am

I grew up right there in Sugar Creek and went to Dulles schools. My parents still live there, so I went there to shoot the other day and was thoroughly impressed. They offer a 50 yard rifle and 25 yard ranges, one with equipment shoot at moving targets. (The paper targets can rotate, and rush forward and backward, etc).

I thought the staff was very nice, and seemed more knowledgable than what you typically find. Most importantly, they didn't have the ego that you seem to find at a lot of places.

If I lived closer, I'd join, but coming from Katy, I know I won't be there enough to make it worth it.

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts: 2743
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: New range!

Postby SQLGeek » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:14 am

Scott in Houston wrote:I grew up right there in Sugar Creek and went to Dulles schools. My parents still live there, so I went there to shoot the other day and was thoroughly impressed. They offer a 50 yard rifle and 25 yard ranges, one with equipment shoot at moving targets. (The paper targets can rotate, and rush forward and backward, etc).

I thought the staff was very nice, and seemed more knowledgable than what you typically find. Most importantly, they didn't have the ego that you seem to find at a lot of places.

If I lived closer, I'd join, but coming from Katy, I know I won't be there enough to make it worth it.


Did you notice if they offered rentals?

Edit: Nevermind, they do. Just found the pricing on their site.
Psalm 91:2

User avatar

Scott in Houston
Senior Member
Posts: 1455
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Houston

Re: New range!

Postby Scott in Houston » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:26 am

SQLGeek wrote:
Scott in Houston wrote:I grew up right there in Sugar Creek and went to Dulles schools. My parents still live there, so I went there to shoot the other day and was thoroughly impressed. They offer a 50 yard rifle and 25 yard ranges, one with equipment shoot at moving targets. (The paper targets can rotate, and rush forward and backward, etc).

I thought the staff was very nice, and seemed more knowledgable than what you typically find. Most importantly, they didn't have the ego that you seem to find at a lot of places.

If I lived closer, I'd join, but coming from Katy, I know I won't be there enough to make it worth it.


Did you notice if they offered rentals?

Edit: Nevermind, they do. Just found the pricing on their site.


And if you get a membership, the rentals are "free".


rp_photo
Senior Member
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:07 am

Re: New range!

Postby rp_photo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 pm

I've been a member since December and am loving it! The online reservation system is great, and it's conveniently close to my office in Sugar Land.

All my shooting has been on the Freedom Range thus far, with everything from an NAA 22 Short to AR-15 and 12-gauge.

Rifles to 223/5.65 caliber and shotguns with 00 or slugs are OK on all ranges.
CHL since 2/2011
Glock 26, S&W 442, Ruger SP101 .357 3",
S&W M&P 40, Remington 870 Express 12 ga 18"

User avatar

LDB415
Senior Member
Posts: 935
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: New range!

Postby LDB415 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 pm

What does one get for $65 per month? That seems awfully expensive.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.


Topic author
bobby
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:57 pm
Location: HOUSTON
Contact:

Re: New range!

Postby bobby » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Free gun rental, no charge range time, free ffl transfer. I go 3 days a week and run 100 to 300 rds of 22
:txflag:

Vetus Crassus Holsters.


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts: 3147
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: New range!

Postby Soccerdad1995 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:23 pm

LDB415 wrote:What does one get for $65 per month? That seems awfully expensive.


I'm assuming the base benefit is unlimited range sessions. Generally speaking, these memberships break even if you use the range at least 4 times a month.
Ding dong, the witch is dead


Return to “Shooting Ranges”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest