2024 NRA B.O.D. ballot

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 3

2024 NRA B.O.D. ballot

Post by LDB415 »

Anyone know anything about any of the nominees, either pro or con, we should know before marking our ballots?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2024 NRA B.O.D. ballot

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Interesting article. A little hard sell. I already marked the man from Texas. His bio was good, and Texas. Other than a very few, if even more than one actually sees the ballot when feeding into the counting machine, I don't think limiting to 4 does anything extra. I will vote for those 4 but also any others whose bios suggest I should.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

The only tip about the NRA Board elections is that it's an aggregate summation game. In other words, if someone votes for A, B, and C; I vote for A & B; and TAM votes only for A, then A carries the vote. It isn't exactly like you dilute your votes the more people you vote for, but it sorta kinda is. If I vote for both A & B then I've given them each exactly the same weight, and it depends then on someone else to cast the decider.

With that in mind, I don't go into it planning to cast only a certain number of votes, but after reading the bios and considering past service, if I'm on the fence about someone then I don't vote for them. I try to vote only for the folks who get a very strong "yes" from me.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

So do they add up all the votes and the ones with the greatest number are the chosen? That's what I presumed. So if I vote for the special 4, A-D, it's the same as if I vote for A-H except that gives E-H an extra vote as well. Does it work a different way?

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

In 1977 Neal Knox and Harlon Carter led what is known as the revolt at Cincinnati where the NRA board of directors were replaced and many changes were implemented. Jeff Knox is Neal's son, and Jeff wants to see the NRA operate more like The Firearms Coalition. Speaking of The Firearms Coalition, Jeff is the director of The Firearms Coalition. He is also critical of nearly every NRA decision. Jeff is, without a doubt, a dedicated and driven individual who has the second amendment community's best interest at heart. Read Mr. Knox's articles about the NRA, take note of what he says and what he doesn't say.

In my opinion there is also a risk should we have too much integration between our different organizations. Consider the potential risks if The Firearms Coalition, GOA, and NRA shared a large number of key people who filled key positions. Imagine what could happen if a political show trial, much like the one the NRA just lost, was the basis where the prosecution uses that integration to attack other the organizations. I won't tell you how to vote, but I will ask you to research the candidates further than the bios from the NRA and the article by Jeff Knox on Ammoland.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

LDB415 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:47 pm So do they add up all the votes and the ones with the greatest number are the chosen? That's what I presumed. So if I vote for the special 4, A-D, it's the same as if I vote for A-H except that gives E-H an extra vote as well. Does it work a different way?
There's 25 seats open. Top 25 vote getters get a seat. Conceivably, if a LOT of people did the bullet voting #25 could get in with 5 votes.

I doubt that we'd ever see it but I wonder what would happen if a huge number of people did the bullet voting and it ended up not enough candidates elected.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Return to “National Rifle Association”