Am I a member of the NRA?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Am I a member of the NRA?

Post by jmra »

RX8er wrote:
RottenApple wrote:I don't get what the problem is. The NRA has added more than a million new members. Naturally that's going to create a bottleneck in relation to processing all the new member info. A simple 5 minute (if you call first thing in the morning) phone call can get you your member number.Are many people so..... Self-important (for lack of a better term).... that they feel the necessity to complain instead of calling? :confused5

I think the NRA is withholding or delaying shipments so they can price gouge. :biggrinjester:
"rlol"
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RonW956

Post by RonW956 »

Just joined the NRA after a 21 yr break. Joined online and after 2 weeks I recieved my decals & membership card. Still waiting on getting a hat, or range bag or knife, not sure what I'm getting... Not disappointed, I'm glad to join the fight for the 2nd amendment, just not sure what else I'll be getting, if anything...

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

RonW956 wrote:Just joined the NRA after a 21 yr break. Joined online and after 2 weeks I recieved my decals & membership card. Still waiting on getting a hat, or range bag or knife, not sure what I'm getting... Not disappointed, I'm glad to join the fight for the 2nd amendment, just not sure what else I'll be getting, if anything...
Glad you made it back!

If the advertising and junk mail bother you, you can call customer service and set your contact preferences.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

RonW956 wrote:Just joined the NRA after a 21 yr break. Joined online and after 2 weeks I recieved my decals & membership card. Still waiting on getting a hat, or range bag or knife, not sure what I'm getting... Not disappointed, I'm glad to join the fight for the 2nd amendment, just not sure what else I'll be getting, if anything...
Congratulations and welcome back! It takes a while for things to happen. I recently upgraded my membership. As you noted, it took about 2 weeks to get my new membership card, decals, etc. After another week or two, I got an email that I had a package coming. I finally figured it had to be from the NRA. Sure enough, it was my gift for upgrading.

BTW, you can sign in here to make any changes to your membership. It won't tell you anything about the free gift, though. ;-)
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

My wife and I have been members for several years now and became life members a couple years later. My wife just told me that she never received her cap and sticker. I guess it is too late to complain about it now huh? LOL
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

16Adams

Post by 16Adams »

I needed the active NRA member number to join a shooting range. Completed online renewal of NRA first week of January. Received an email with a member number and expiration date from NRA the end of February-but nothing in the mail. The number and expiration gets me where I need to be. The NRA can keep the hat and bag. I like Titleist hats and Boyt Bags.
Multiple solicitation emails.

SkyWipe

Post by SkyWipe »

I became a life member in August and never received a hat, bag, or any swag like that. All I got was a sticker, patch, and member card.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

SkyWipe wrote:I became a life member in August and never received a hat, bag, or any swag like that. All I got was a sticker, patch, and member card.
I think that some of the "extras" are given away as promotional material only during some of the membership drives.
BTW - Welcome to the TexasCHLForum! :patriot: :txflag:
NRA Endowment Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

SkyWipe wrote:I became a life member in August and never received a hat, bag, or any swag like that. All I got was a sticker, patch, and member card.
Then you got the most important stuff! :biggrinjester:

If you signed up for Life Membership under the $500 special in August i don't believe there were any additional incentives/gifts other than $1000 off the membership. I was already an annual member and had gotten a "NRA Range Bag" when I signed up, however when I upgraded to Life Member for $500 I received my Life Membership package in return.

I also have an NRA cap that I got a few years ago when I signed up for annual member. Neither the range bag or cap are what I would consider high quality products.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

bblhd672 wrote:
Then you got the most important stuff! :biggrinjester:

If you signed up for Life Membership under the $500 special in August i don't believe there were any additional incentives/gifts other than $1000 off the membership. I was already an annual member and had gotten a "NRA Range Bag" when I signed up, however when I upgraded to Life Member for $500 I received my Life Membership package in return.

I also have an NRA cap that I got a few years ago when I signed up for annual member. Neither the range bag or cap are what I would consider high quality products.
When I upgraded to endowment member they sent me a rolling bag which I didn't want. I was looking for a place to opt out of getting it, but couldn't find it on the application.
NRA Endowment Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I opted out of all the opt-outable freebies as I upgraded my membership every few years until I got to the last one, Benefactor. They were offering a small backpack, and I was getting ready to buy one anyway to store an expanded first-aid/trauma kit I could take to the range. So now I get to advertise the NRA on my first-aid kit. ;-)

BTW, for new member FYI, you can log into your NRA account and, somewhere in there, is an option to be discontinued from marketing mailings and emailings. They're actually very good about it, and placing yourself on that list will remove about 90% of the marketing materials. Some people like to receive them, and you'll still get some items, like occasional membership upgrade offers and NRA-ILA announcements and benefit-change announcements. But I donate to the ILA every year and, all along, intended to upgrade to Benefactor in steps, so I didn't want the NRA spending money to print and mail material to me unnecessarily.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I got my blaze orange NRA Freedom Hat when I joined in 1985...then had to fill out my SF-86 for a security clearance and they asked what clubs and organizations I belonged to, right next to where they asked if I was a member of the Communist Party or a homosexual. So there it went...National Rifle Association and Charlotte Rifle & Pistol Club. They don't ask that on the SF-86 any more (clubs & orgs), but I'll bet they will when Hillary takes office.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “National Rifle Association”