Took the Life Membership plunge

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Took the Life Membership plunge

Post by TomsTXCHL »

Just a month left before the price increases, which are significant.

For all you fellow geezers out there, the over-65 (and Military too, I think) "Distinguished Life" membership is going from $375 to $750.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Skiprr »

Just a note that our membership dollars are vital to the NRA and its mission. Thank you, all.

Though I'm proud to be a Benefactor member, those monies are a one-time thing, and do not go directly to the political lobbying effort necessary in this climate of overreaching Executive Decisions, constant rhetoric from Soros and Bloomberg factions, and more-visible-than-ever presidential campaigns.

It isn't feasible for everyone, but additional contributions to the NRA-ILA are essential. We are a grassroots organization--small in wealth but large in numbers--trying to preserve the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution against leftist billionaires and the candidates, PACs, and shill organizations they fund.
The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the lobbying arm of the NRA. Established in 1975, ILA is committed to preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment...

These efforts include enacting laws that recognize the right of honest citizens to carry firearms for self-protection; preemption bills to prevent attacks on gun owner rights by local anti-gun politicians, and fighting for legislation to prevent the bankrupting of America’s firearms industry through reckless lawsuits.
Contributions to NRA-ILA are not tax deductible. But they are important. You can donate from the link above or, as I do, setup your home banking service to automatically send a contribution to NRA-ILA in an amount and frequency you specify. Easy; one and done.

The NRA Foundation, https://www.nrafoundation.org/, is the non-profit, 501(c)(3) of the NRA.
Funds granted by The NRA Foundation benefit a variety of constituencies throughout the United States including children, youth, women, individuals with physical disabilities, gun collectors, law enforcement officers, hunters, and competitive shooters.
Your donations are tax deductible. And if you shop on Amazon, consider AmazonSmile. It's completely free, you have available all the same products and services, but .5% of every eligible purchase goes to the NRA Foundation if you select it as your charity.

That .5% may not sound like much. But the NRA has well over 5 million members. If only 10% opted for AmazonSmile and spent only $200 per year...that's $50,000 each year for the NRA Foundation. Don't know about you, but I spent a boatload more than $200 just last Christmas.

I interviewed a recent college graduate Thursday for job. Quite capable. But I was reminded, looking at her resume, that she was only 15 years old when President Obama assumed office. That she had no real memory of the Bush administration; that she was only 7 years old when the World Trade Center towers were brought down by terrorists.

The majority of us active on this Forum, and CHL/LTC holders in general, are...of a certain age. I'm unconvinced we've done enough to pass down to future generations understanding and respect for the Constitution, and understanding and respect for the ownership, use, and care of firearms.

The NRA Foundation can do more, and we can all do more as individuals.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Smokey613

Post by Smokey613 »

We have been NRA members "on and off" for over 40 years. When we recently received the Easy Pay Life offer we both took the plunge and changed to it.
Texas LEO / TCOLE Firearms Instructor / LTC / Glock Armorer / NRA Endowment-Life Member

misterlarry

Post by misterlarry »

Congrats Scott! I jumped on EPL early last year too.

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Scott B. »

Thanks Larry,

I figured that as a fellow instructor, the least I could do was step up to a life membership.

Shoot me a note if you want to hit Shiloh this week for some lunchtime :fire , or actually get some grub.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

allisji

Post by allisji »

New life member here!

The cost is $500 until March 1. Then it goes up to $1500.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Skiprr »

allisji wrote:New life member here!
Congrats!
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

mbschne

Post by mbschne »

Scott B. wrote:Had been thinking about upgrading to a Life Membership and the recent mailing on the price increase successfully pushed me into pulling the trigger.

Went with the $500 installment plan just to make it a little easier on the budget.

http://nra2016.org/
Same here. I took the plunge yesterday at the NRA website.

atx2a

Post by atx2a »

I started the smaller installment plan a year or so ago...waiting on my tax return and will probably go ahead and pay it off, and then some.
Austin, TX
Speak softly and have a helluva double tap.

DevilDawg

Post by DevilDawg »

Well I went ahead and took the quarterly payment plan to take advantage of the current pricing. Once I get a job I will go ahead and pay it off, but for now I can sell plasma if needed to get the quarterly nut made.

I had just given my son a 1yr Gift Memebership, and would upgrade his too but no NRA number and packet has arrived yet. So if they hurry we can both be life members.

Return to “National Rifle Association”