I got this in e-mail today

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
RogueUSMC

I got this in e-mail today

Postby RogueUSMC » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:55 pm

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160601/minnesota-your-help-needed-to-expand-self-defense-rights-for-minnesota-and-texas-carry-permit-holders

I was under the understanding that the state of Texas was cool with anyone who has a license issued by their state reciprocity or no reciprocity...am I wrong? The article states that someone from Minnesota can't carry under their license in Texas because of lack of reciprocity agreement?
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

koine2002

Re: I got this in e-mail today

Postby koine2002 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:28 pm

RogueUSMC wrote:https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160601/minnesota-your-help-needed-to-expand-self-defense-rights-for-minnesota-and-texas-carry-permit-holders

I was under the understanding that the state of Texas was cool with anyone who has a license issued by their state reciprocity or no reciprocity...am I wrong? The article states that someone from Minnesota can't carry under their license in Texas because of lack of reciprocity agreement?

That is not presently true of all states. You can look here at the official DPS interactive map. Or you can also use the interactive map at handgunlaw.us. Texas does not appear, at present, to honor a MN license.
Taurus 709 Slim
Smith and Wesson Model 5904

Skiprr

Postby Skiprr » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:18 pm

Yep; to my knowledge, these are the states from which Texas does not honor a carry permit:

• Maine
  • Minnesota
  • New Hampshire
  • Oregon
  • Wisconsin
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

The Wall

Postby The Wall » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:20 pm

Share this link on your social media site

Return to “National Rifle Association”