Judge Gorsuch's NRA Grade?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dlh
Posts in topic: 1

Judge Gorsuch's NRA Grade?

Post by dlh »

Okay, now we know. Did a quick google search and did not see any NRA comments on President Trump's SCOTUS pick?

Charles, you know anything?
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Re: Judge Gorsuch's NRA Grade?

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017013 ... reme-court
“President Trump has made an outstanding choice in nominating Judge Gorsuch for the U.S. Supreme Court. He has an impressive record that demonstrates his support for the Second Amendment,” said Chris W. Cox, Executive Director, NRA-ILA. “We urge the Senate to swiftly confirm Judge Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, just as it did in confirming him to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit by a unanimous voice vote.”
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Gorsuch is a great pick by Pres. Trump.
Pres. Trump is doing much better than I expected.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

twjones

Post by twjones »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017013 ... reme-court
“President Trump has made an outstanding choice in nominating Judge Gorsuch for the U.S. Supreme Court. He has an impressive record that demonstrates his support for the Second Amendment,” said Chris W. Cox, Executive Director, NRA-ILA. “We urge the Senate to swiftly confirm Judge Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, just as it did in confirming him to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit by a unanimous voice vote.”
Excellent to hear.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

...and all the lefties weep and gnash their remaining teeth...

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Chucky Schumer said on the floor yesterday that he has "serious, serious doubts about this candidate's qualifications."

Hm. Since this is Groundhog Day (Bill Murray reference), could that simply be Chucky's way of saying that since Gorsuch isn't a dem party nominee that he is de facto unqualified? And that Chucky will just keep repeating that every single day in reference to every single candidate for every single SCOTUS or cabinet position?

Let's see:
  • B.A., Columbia University, 1988; Phi Beta Kappa
  • J.D., Harvard Law School, 1991; Harry S. Truman Scholar; cum laude
  • D.Phil in Legal Philosophy, University of Oxford, 2004; Marshall Scholar
  • Clerk for U.S. Supreme Court Justices Byron White and Anthony Kennedy, 1993-94
  • Attorney at Kellogg, Huber, Hansen, Todd, Evans & Figel, Washington DC, 1995-2005; partner
  • Deputy Associate Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice, 2005-06
  • Received prestigious Edward J. Randolph Award for outstanding service to the Department of Justice and the Harry S. Truman Foundation's Stevens Award for outstanding public service in the field of law
  • Currently serves on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 2006-present
  • Earned "unanimously well qualified" rating from American Bar Association, 2006
  • Confirmed without opposition to the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals by a voice vote of the U.S. Senate in 2006 (yes, including Chucky Schumer)
Carrie Severino, Chief Counsel for the Judicial Crisis Network wrote:Neil Gorsuch is exceptionally qualified, a fair and independent judge who bases his decisions on the Constitution, and he is widely respected on both sides of the aisle. He was confirmed unanimously to one of our highest courts in 2006, and I am confident he will receive bipartisan support again this time.
Neal Katyal, former Solicitor General under President Obama wrote:Judge Gorsuch is one of the most thoughtful and brilliant judges to have served our nation over the last century. As a judge, he has always put aside his personal views to serve the rule of law. To boot, as those of us who have worked with him can attest, he is a wonderfully decent and humane person. I strongly support his nomination to the Supreme Court.
Leonard Leo, Supreme Court Adviser to President Trump wrote:President Trump did exactly what he told the American people he would do — nominate a distinguished, exceptionally qualified, and widely respected jurist to fill Justice’s Scalia’s seat on the Supreme Court. Judge Gorsuch possesses keen intellect, independence of judgment, integrity, courage, and a sense of fairness that is grounded in the Constitution and laws as they are written.
Editorial, The Denver Post, January 27, 2017 wrote:Neil Gorsuch is a federal judge in Denver with Western roots and a reputation for being a brilliant legal mind and talented writer. Those who have followed Gorsuch’s career say that from his bench in the U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals he has applied the law fairly and consistently, even issuing provocative challenges to the Supreme Court to consider his rulings.
Tea Party Patriots President and co-founder Jenny Beth Martin wrote:President Trump promised to nominate someone who is both exceptionally qualified and has a demonstrated record of interpreting the Constitution and our laws and by nominating Judge Gorsuch, he has kept his promises. Judge Gorsuch has a distinguished record that demonstrates he will be fair to all Americans, no matter their background or beliefs. Like Justice Scalia, he believes that judges should base their decisions on the actual text of the Constitution and our laws, not on personal policy preferences.
But Chucky, a career politician for 42 years, since 1974--he's had no other job since graduating college--obviously knows better than anyone else; certainly better than any of us peons, than us lowly unwashed of the proletariat class.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Chuck is turning out to be just as crazy and crooked as Harry Reid. Must run in the liberal family.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

Skiprr wrote:Chucky Schumer said on the floor yesterday that he has "serious, serious doubts about this candidate's qualifications."

Hm. Since this is Groundhog Day (Bill Murray reference), could that simply be Chucky's way of saying that since Gorsuch isn't a dem party nominee that he is de facto unqualified? And that Chucky will just keep repeating that every single day in reference to every single candidate for every single SCOTUS or cabinet position?
Let me see if I can translate for everyone. I'm related to a liberal, so I know little bit of the language. What he means by 'qualifications' is that he has serious doubts about his beliefs. They won't line up with the liberal mindset, so he's unqualified.
NRA lifetime member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

KC5AV wrote:
Skiprr wrote:Chucky Schumer said on the floor yesterday that he has "serious, serious doubts about this candidate's qualifications."

Let me see if I can translate for everyone. I'm related to a liberal, so I know little bit of the language. What he means by 'qualifications' is that he has serious doubts about his beliefs. They won't line up with the liberal mindset, so he's unqualified.
Exactly!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “National Rifle Association”