NRA National Meeting May 3-6 -- Anybody Worried?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NRA National Meeting May 3-6 -- Anybody Worried?

Post by jmorris »

If you'd like to check the light rail possibilities.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Kay+Ba ... !3e3?hl=en

I've done this at several tech conventions.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

montgomery
Posts in topic: 8

Post by montgomery »

superchief wrote:Has anyone heard/read/seen any info on the security that will be available at the NRA meeting next month in Dallas? I really want to go, but i don't want to get in any weirdness that might be on display from protesters and such.
Seriously?

The NRA members ARE the security.

You are an armed American citizen living in a time with the best training, best ammunition, and best firearms affordably available to the commoners in history. What are you worried about?

You will be in the company of 100,000 other armed American citizens, comforted by 1,000,000 rounds of ammunition they carry to make it the safest 15 acres on the planet.

The risk of weirdness as you call it is exponentially higher shopping at the local Walmart.
Last edited by montgomery on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

bblhd672 wrote:I’m worried, about where to park and how much it’s going to cost per day. I’m going all 3 days.
Taking my 15 year old out of school that day and making it an epic father-son 3 day weekend, complete with tickets to the Charlie Daniels / Travis Tritt / Gatlin Brothers concert.

His only worry is that R. Lee Ermey won't be at the Glock booth for a handshake and selfie.

couzin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by couzin »

Parking is an issue. Be aware of a few things in the area of the convention center. There are some individuals (homeless, or crackhead, or just slick - I don't know) that have scored name badges and/or shirts/jackets with parking company names. They stake out private lots or empty fields and collect cash to park. They also stand in front of the pay stations and take cash on legitimate self pay lots. Don't fall for it. The towing companies will then legitimately steal your money. Also, the usual hustlers will approach you while in your car or out of it seeking a dollar or any change, and some will attempt to snatch your wallet, phone, purse, whatever, and bolt. A crackhead on speed is hard to catch. Lastly, vehicle breakins are common, especially to the south. Don't leave anything in your vehicle you don't want to lose. Enjoy your time in big D!
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 10

Post by bblhd672 »

carlson1 wrote:Park free at a TRE or a light rail parking lot. Jump on the light rail and it will take you directly to the convention center.
Two questions: Is TRE "safe" for lone older man to travel at all hours to and from Arlington? What's the TRE policy on licensed carry on the train?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

jmorris wrote:If you'd like to check the light rail possibilities.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Kay+Ba ... !3e3?hl=en

I've done this at several tech conventions.
TRE Schedule..
Weekday: http://www.trinityrailwayexpress.org/ea ... ekday.html
Saturday: http://www.trinityrailwayexpress.org/ea ... urday.html
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RoyGBiv »

bblhd672 wrote:
carlson1 wrote:Park free at a TRE or a light rail parking lot. Jump on the light rail and it will take you directly to the convention center.
Two questions: Is TRE "safe" for lone older man to travel at all hours to and from Arlington? What's the TRE policy on licensed carry on the train?
Regarding your second question...
http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=63153
See post 9 (?).. Quoted below..
morganlyons wrote:In my day job, I'm the media relations director for Dallas Area Rapid Transit, which as pointed out above co-owns the Trinity Railway Express. CHL holders may carry concealed on DART and TRE vehicles. Thanks for the opportunity to explain. Morgan Lyons
https://www.dart.org/about/executivestaff/lyons.asp
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Grundy1133 »

strogg wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:I’m worried, about where to park and how much it’s going to cost per day. I’m going all 3 days.
That's my number one worry too. I have no idea how the parking situation will be. I'll probably drive my small car there to help with parking. If the protests are anything like SHOT show this year, I won't be worried at all. If this is going to be 10x worse than the protests at SHOT show, then... well, we'll be expecting all of 10 weirdos.
If you're going all 3 days might i suggest taking a taxi to avoid parking issues? If you're staying in a hotel just take a taxi from the hotel. or if you LIVE in the area just take a taxi to the convention center.
NRA Member

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Grundy1133 wrote:
strogg wrote:
That's my number one worry too. I have no idea how the parking situation will be. I'll probably drive my small car there to help with parking. If the protests are anything like SHOT show this year, I won't be worried at all. If this is going to be 10x worse than the protests at SHOT show, then... well, we'll be expecting all of 10 weirdos.
If you're going all 3 days might i suggest taking a taxi to avoid parking issues? If you're staying in a hotel just take a taxi from the hotel. or if you LIVE in the area just take a taxi to the convention center.
I don't think I have ever seen a taxi in North Texas outside of DFW or Love Field airports! DART is probably the best option.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

cyphertext wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:
strogg wrote:
I don't think I have ever seen a taxi in North Texas outside of DFW or Love Field airports! DART is probably the best option.
or an uber. just stay away from the self driving cars... :roll: :roll:
NRA Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

I do not think there is anything to be "worried" about. I think it prudent to be situationally aware as always. Keep in mind, this isn't the NRA's 1st rodeo. When we went to Houston the last time it was there there was no more than a handful of protesters across the street and it was quite pathetic showing.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

If you patronize Uber, as has been suggested, understand that you are supporting their Anti 2A policy:
Uber prohibits riders and drivers from carrying firearms of any kind in a vehicle while using our app.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:If you patronize Uber, as has been suggested, understand that you are supporting their Anti 2A policy:
Uber prohibits riders and drivers from carrying firearms of any kind in a vehicle while using our app.
what they dont know dont hurt em... ;-)
NRA Member

John Galt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by John Galt »

Go before noon, before the thugs are awake. :mrgreen:

strogg
Posts in topic: 10

Post by strogg »

Grundy1133 wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:If you patronize Uber, as has been suggested, understand that you are supporting their Anti 2A policy:
what they dont know dont hurt em... ;-)
Or go Lyft instead. I never really liked Uber as a company. Anytime I need a ride that won't be company expensed, I call Lyft.

Return to “National Rifle Association”