NRA National Meeting May 3-6 -- Anybody Worried?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 10

Re: NRA National Meeting May 3-6 -- Anybody Worried?

Post by bblhd672 »

jmorris wrote:Got my badges today. No names? IIRC the ones for Houston had your name.
I was surprised that the “badge” was a generic piece of printed paper. I thought it would have name and membership level at least.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

extremist
Posts in topic: 1

Post by extremist »

bblhd672 wrote:
jmorris wrote:Got my badges today. No names? IIRC the ones for Houston had your name.
I was surprised that the “badge” was a generic piece of printed paper. I thought it would have name and membership level at least.
I understand - lots of costs savings doing it this way. What's nice is there are two sides to the badge, so you can insert your business card or NRA membership card on the opposite side to display :hurry:

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Bruin98
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bruin98 »

For all you out of towners, the DART line is nowhere near as complicated as it looks. The orange, red and blue lines all run directly through downtown and all 3 stop at the Convention Center. Then you walk a little over 150 yards (under a cover) and boom you are right there.

The green line is a little complicated. You have two options:
1. Get off at the West End and wait 5-10 minutes for a blue, red, orange train to pick you up and take you to the Convention Center.
2. Get off at the West End and walk. It's an easy walk if you are in any kind of walking shape. Personally, I'd wait for the train, but the walk won't kill you.

Just a heads up that the West End Station is one of the busiest stops on the train. It's got an interesting assortment of people waiting for the train, loitering or just living there.

Trust me--my 4 year old and 8 year old can get anywhere on DART. (I'm actually concerned they may try to catch the bus that comes by our house and runaway one day because they have that system figured out.)

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Bruin98 wrote:For all you out of towners, the DART line is nowhere near as complicated as it looks. The orange, red and blue lines all run directly through downtown and all 3 stop at the Convention Center. Then you walk a little over 150 yards (under a cover) and boom you are right there.

1. Get off at the West End and wait 5-10 minutes for a blue, red, orange train to pick you up and take you to the Convention Center.
2. Get off at the West End and walk. It's an easy walk if you are in any kind of walking shape. Personally, I'd wait for the train, but the walk won't kill you.

Just a heads up that the West End Station is one of the busiest stops on the train. It's got an interesting assortment of people waiting for the train, loitering or just living there.

Trust me--my 4 year old and 8 year old can get anywhere on DART. (I'm actually concerned they may try to catch the bus that comes by our house and runaway one day because they have that system figured out.)
Thanks. I'm working out how to take the train from Ft. Worth, then catch DART to the convention center.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

montgomery
Posts in topic: 8

Post by montgomery »

Bruin98 wrote:For all you out of towners, the DART line is nowhere near as complicated as it looks. The orange, red and blue lines all run directly through downtown and all 3 stop at the Convention Center. Then you walk a little over 150 yards (under a cover) and boom you are right there.

Thank you brother!

Bruin98

Post by Bruin98 »

bblhd672 wrote:

Thanks. I'm working out how to take the train from Ft. Worth, then catch DART to the convention center.
Not much different. But i dont know where train picks up in ft worth.

TRE ends at Union Station in Dallas though. Convention is one stop south.

Get on any train you want. Southbound trains pick up on TRE side of track so you can almost stand still after exiting TRE.

You could walk it if weather is nice.

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Grundy1133 »

got my badge in the mail today. :hurry:
NRA Member

strogg

Post by strogg »

Still waiting for my badge...

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

strogg wrote:Still waiting for my badge...
I'm unimpressed with it lol. the sleeve is nice but the badge itself just says "NRA Dallas 2018" very generic.
NRA Member

strogg

Post by strogg »

Grundy1133 wrote:I'm unimpressed with it lol. the sleeve is nice but the badge itself just says "NRA Dallas 2018" very generic.
If mine never comes, can you make a photocopy for me? :biggrinjester:

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

strogg wrote:
Grundy1133 wrote:I'm unimpressed with it lol. the sleeve is nice but the badge itself just says "NRA Dallas 2018" very generic.
If mine never comes, can you make a photocopy for me? :biggrinjester:
sure but it'll cost ya. :biggrinjester:
NRA Member

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 8

Post by cyphertext »

Grundy1133 wrote:
strogg wrote:Still waiting for my badge...
I'm unimpressed with it lol. the sleeve is nice but the badge itself just says "NRA Dallas 2018" very generic.
So there is no name, number, barcode, or any other identifier? Not sure I understand the point of it... seems it would have been easier and cheaper to just show my membership card.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I will custom make digitally printed color super jumbo mumbo "My name is" at $5 a pop. For CHL forum members, you get $2 off as long as you donate the $2 to NRA. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :patriot:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

jason812
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jason812 »

Beiruty wrote:I will custom make digitally printed color super jumbo mumbo "My name is" at $5 a pop. For CHL forum members, you get $2 off as long as you donate the $2 to NRA. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :patriot:
I'll pay full price if you can put a badge on it too :biggrinjester:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Return to “National Rifle Association”