Potential Clinics (1 3/4 hrs.)

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Please vote for clinics you would like to see offered at the 2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC.

Ladies Only: General Pistol Skills & Drills
28%
Introduction to IDPA Competition
72%

Total votes: 46

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Potential Clinics (1 3/4 hrs.)

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Here are potential 1 3/4 hr. shooting clinics for the 2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC. Click here to see descriptions of these events.

tomc

Re: Potential Clinics (1 3/4 hrs.)

Post by tomc »

How about a home defense Shotgun clinic or a tactical rifle (AR or AK) clinic?
be safe,
be prepared,
tomc

.30calSolution

Re: Potential Clinics (1 3/4 hrs.)

Post by .30calSolution »

I like the suggestion of a Home Defense Shotgun course, it seems that far fewer places offer a shotgun course compared to pistol/rifle courses.

With that being said, of the two choices, my vote is for a Ladies General Pistol Skills and Drills. I feel more women need to get into the shooting sport and need to be prepared and educated about firearms and how they should be handled and how to use them safely should a situation arise. You can go to You-tube and get the basics of an IDPA match and if you have spent significant time at the range or self-training you know enough to get started(I mean no disrespect). I see more of a need to get women trained that typically would be too shy or not know how to go about learning such skills.

Granted, I have never been to the aforementioned event so I am not sure of the general demographic of the people that attend it. My $.02 may carry no weight here, so, I will leave the decision making up to much wiser less ignorant members here.

Return to “2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”