TexasCHLforum Day at PSC - Registration begins 9/30/10

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

terryg
Posts in topic: 4

Re: TexasCHLforum Day at PSC - Registration begins 9/30/10

Post by terryg »

What was the reason for the Friday or Saturday arrival question?
... this space intentionally left blank ...

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

terryg wrote:What was the reason for the Friday or Saturday arrival question?
Charles is thinking of giving his Deadly Force Seminar on Friday evening.
Last edited by WildBill on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

terryg

Post by terryg »

WildBill wrote:Charles is giving his Deadly Force Seminar on Friday evening.
Well, I knew that he was thinking of offering it. But I don't think - at this time - that I will be able to attend. But if my schedule changes, I would love to be able to attend.

I put Saturday down - I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot if things do change ...

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

terryg wrote:
Well, I knew that he was thinking of offering it. But I don't think - at this time - that I will be able to attend. But if my schedule changes, I would love to be able to attend.

I put Saturday down - I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot if things do change ...
Sorry. I can't speak for Charles, but you are correct that he is thinking of it.
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=38351&p=457691#p457691" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think that last year some of members also met for dinner on Friday night.
NRA Endowment Member

MrsFosforos
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MrsFosforos »

terryg wrote:

It also gives them an idea of a headcount so they can judge how long they need to wait at the range for those showing up late on Friday.

terryg

Post by terryg »

USA1 wrote:I like this...Name for name tag (TexasCHLforum screen name): :thumbs2:
I don't remember that being an option last year.
You know what would be really cool - if the name tags could have our Avatars on them as well. :coolgleamA:

Probably would be too difficult to setup and would require color printing - so it's probably not that practical.

USA1
Posts in topic: 6

Post by USA1 »

terryg wrote:
USA1 wrote:I like this...Name for name tag (TexasCHLforum screen name): :thumbs2:
I don't remember that being an option last year.
You know what would be really cool - if the name tags could have our Avatars on them as well. :coolgleamA:

Probably would be too difficult to setup and would require color printing - so it's probably not that practical.
I kinda had the same thought. But then realized that would be asking too much. ;-)
Besides, some of y'all change avatars like you change underwear. :lol::

Getting our screen names on the name tags is a big improvement over last year.

Last year there were a lot of people there that didn't recognize one another
because only real names were on the name tags.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

Well, I live here so I would be glad to try and help if needed as well on Friday. I have been to his seminar before. Awesome. Love to hear it again. But tag helping on Friday as well for those of us that can, if nothing comes up at work or my Mom, I am willing help if needed. Also range setup on Friday. What is needed for that?

Gary
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

gwashorn wrote:Well, I live here so I would be glad to try and help if needed as well on Friday. I have been to his seminar before. Awesome. Love to hear it again. But tag helping on Friday as well for those of us that can, if nothing comes up at work or my Mom, I am willing help if needed. Also range setup on Friday. What is needed for that?

Gary
Thanks for volunteering to help Gary. Marc handles sign-in on Friday evening and Saturday morning, but he can always use help. Plus, he is giving the first seminar Saturday at 9:00 am. I'm going to ask each instructor what they need in the way of props, etc. so we will have an equipment list for each clinic. I'll keep a volunteer list of people willing to help with set up, so please send me an email at Charles@CottonFamily.com.

Thanks again,
Chas.

OldSchool
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OldSchool »

OK, not finding the answer for some reason:

I thought I read a mention of bringing a carry vest, or similar. What is the expected attire: Formal 007-shoulder-carry, back-woods-in-your-face drop-loop holster (my favorite), or full-gonzo competition carry-vest-and-CamelBak combo? :mrgreen:

OK, seriously, do we need vests, or just holstered (and cold) firearms) for the activities? And, no, not asking about CHL carry -- that's been answered.
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

USA1

Post by USA1 »

OldSchool wrote:OK, not finding the answer for some reason:

I thought I read a mention of bringing a carry vest, or similar. What is the expected attire: Formal 007-shoulder-carry, back-woods-in-your-face drop-loop holster (my favorite), or full-gonzo competition carry-vest-and-CamelBak combo? :mrgreen:

OK, seriously, do we need vests, or just holstered (and cold) firearms) for the activities? And, no, not asking about CHL carry -- that's been answered.
According to an earlier post by jbirds1210..."Unloaded in a holster is perfectly acceptable at PSC."
Here's a link to the subject... http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 89#p459453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw a few folks last year who were "open carrying" in a holster with no mag in the gun.

OldSchool
Posts in topic: 3

Post by OldSchool »

USA1 wrote:
OldSchool wrote:OK, not finding the answer for some reason:

According to an earlier post by jbirds1210..."Unloaded in a holster is perfectly acceptable at PSC."
Here's a link to the subject... http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 89#p459453" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, I remembered that one, as relating to whether concealed carry firearms were allowed.

This is more along what is needed for the actual mini-/clinic activities, and I didn't say it clearly. This really is to feed my ignorance of the activities. Would a vest, or something closer to a carry rig, be more appropriate for going through the drills? Or would simple holstering be sufficient?
Life is for learning.
IANAL, thank gosh!
NRA Life Member - TSRA - PSC
NRA Certified Basic Rifle Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer

12/23/2009: Packets delivered.
01/15/2010: Plastic in hand!

USA1

Post by USA1 »

OldSchool wrote: Thanks, I remembered that one, as relating to whether concealed carry firearms were allowed.

This is more along what is needed for the actual mini-/clinic activities, and I didn't say it clearly. This really is to feed my ignorance of the activities. Would a vest, or something closer to a carry rig, be more appropriate for going through the drills? Or would simple holstering be sufficient?
I see now. I thought you meant just walking around in general. ;-)

I will let someone else answer that one. :tiphat:

TraCoun

Post by TraCoun »

For anyone interested in Forum Day:

Don't think that you are required to sign up for anything. If the seminars/clinics/mini-clinics get full, just register for General Attendance, so we know how many people for lunch, and come have some fun. :clapping: There will be open shooting including but not limited to Texas Stars, possibilities for 1-on-1 mentoring and lots of opportunity to meet lots of like-minded folks! :thewave

Also, the "Drills 4 Skills" mini-clinics are being expanded to 8 participants each, instead of 6.

:txflag: :patriot:

Thanx,
TraCoun

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TLynnHughes »

TraCoun wrote:For anyone interested in Forum Day:

Don't think that you are required to sign up for anything. If the seminars/clinics/mini-clinics get full, just register for General Attendance, so we know how many people for lunch, and come have some fun. :clapping: There will be open shooting including but not limited to Texas Stars, possibilities for 1-on-1 mentoring and lots of opportunity to meet lots of like-minded folks! :thewave

Also, the "Drills 4 Skills" mini-clinics are being expanded to 8 participants each, instead of 6.

:txflag: :patriot:

Thanx,
TraCoun
Absolutely great information!!

I did General Attendance only last year because the classes were full and I still had a blast. We were able to get into some of the seminars (not mini-clinics) because there was space or folks didn't show at the last minute. And the Texas Star keeps folks going all day long. If you're not shooting it, you're cheering others on. It was great fun (although it's an ammo eater to be sure).

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

Return to “2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”