Dodged a "bullet"

Announcements, questions and comments about this year's event!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Dodged a "bullet"

Post by chasfm11 »

Sometimes, you just never know how close you come to problems. For some who might not be aware of it, much of East Texas is now "under the gun" for severe thunderstorms. The section of I-45 between Corsicanna and Ennis, where I was driving just a couple of hours ago has been reported to having had vehicles blown off the road. They are tracking a tornado around Gun Barrel City and two more similar storms a little further North.

I'm so glad that I left reasonably early this morning and that TAM and his wife and SIA and his wife got through the area before the storms hit. My thoughts and prayers are with those in those areas. The weather reports are making the situations sound very serious.

Chas
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dodged a "bullet"

Post by Divided Attention »

Glad to hear all home safe... I don't know what it is about the Ennis/Corsicana corridor, but everytime we go to Ft Worth to see my cousin we run into a nasty storm in that area. Y'all be safe now hear!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

MrsFosforos

Post by MrsFosforos »

Whoa! I am glad you made it through safely. AND, I am glad we decided to stay an extra day here in Pearland! We came down in our Minnie Winnie

We spent a lazy day at the pool and a couple of visits to the hot tub at the RV park. I hope the weather clears for our travel home tomorrow!
Last edited by MrsFosforos on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

We just had pretty gusty winds, but the sky was mostly clear. I had no idea that a big storm was coming in behind us. I hope nobody got seriously hurt.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I am sure the guy who took this video was stressing big time: http://www.wfaa.com/news/Caught-on-tape ... 47538.html
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

The news reports this morning have not included any deaths. After seeing the train cars that were blown over, I know that my van would have been in a lot of trouble if I had been there at that time.

I was in and out of clouds during the whole trip but nothing looked severe. It sure blew up quickly. I guess that is Texas for you.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC”