Keep up to date on DPS changes impacting CHL instructors and licensees

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

New forum for DPS Updates

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I have created this forum to provide information on updates to DPS procedures related to obtaining a CHL, as well as those impacting CHL instructors. If you have any questions about DPS procedures, just post them as a separate thread. I have notified DPS about this forum and I'm sure they will monitor it on a regular basis.

This new forum is NOT the place for general discussions or comments! Please put those in the General Texas CHL Discussion forum.

Thanks,
Chas.

infoman

Re: New forum for DPS Updates

Post by infoman »

Starting March 1, 2011 DPS will no longer except ink rolled fingerprint cards. All applicants will HAVE to go to L1/FAST to get their prints taken electronically. It's in the newsletter on the DPS website dated 10/01/2010. Here's a link to that new newsletter talking about the 03/01/2011 cutoff date mentioned above. Link: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administra ... er1010.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

baron
Banned

Re: Changes in CHL features

Post by baron »

sbrawley wrote:FYI,
effective 5/1/2014, CHL's no longer require the weapon category as referenced by HB 3142

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CHL/Le ... lation.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That went into effect in September but it's good to know DPS is finally updating the license card.

jbarn

Re: New forum for DPS Updates

Post by jbarn »

If you want to be technical, it went into effect 6-14-13. ;)
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Return to “DPS Updates”