Can ALL documentation for a CHL be submitted online now?

Keep up to date on DPS changes impacting CHL instructors and licensees

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Can ALL documentation for a CHL be submitted online now?

Post by sjfcontrol »

AEA wrote:
MoJo wrote:
AEA wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Well, good luck -- but that sounds like a canned response to me.

Perhaps you'll be "updated" in two weeks as to the decision about whether or not to re-manufacturing your license.

:cheers2:
Ah Ha!.....good point! I will post again whatever I get! :tiphat:
Just don't forget to send the license with the wrong picture back to DPS. You cannot have two valid licenses.
I used to think that too......
But DPS is telling peeps to just destroy after receipt of your duplicate license as long as it is not a change of category of handgun (NSA-SA).

Many, many posts on this topic.....NONE resolved.....
Seems to me it's quite resolved. It's in the CHL-16 GC411.184. DPS teaches it that way in the class. And at least usually gives that as an answer when asked. It's only confusing to those that don't realize that "modified" has a specific meaning, as defined in 411.184
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

MoJo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MoJo »

sjfcontrol wrote:
AEA wrote:
MoJo wrote:
AEA wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Well, good luck -- but that sounds like a canned response to me.

Perhaps you'll be "updated" in two weeks as to the decision about whether or not to re-manufacturing your license.

:cheers2:
Ah Ha!.....good point! I will post again whatever I get! :tiphat:
Just don't forget to send the license with the wrong picture back to DPS. You cannot have two valid licenses.
But DPS is telling peeps to just destroy after receipt of your duplicate license as long as it is not a change of category of handgun (NSA-SA).

Seems to me it's quite resolved. It's in the CHL-16 GC411.184. DPS teaches it that way in the class. And at least usually gives that as an answer when asked. It's only confusing to those that don't realize that "modified" has a specific meaning, as defined in 411.184
Since it only cost 45 cents to drop the license in the mail and send it to DPS I fail to see why people refuse to return the modified license.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sjfcontrol »

MoJo wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
AEA wrote:
MoJo wrote: Just don't forget to send the license with the wrong picture back to DPS. You cannot have two valid licenses.

Since it only cost 45 cents to drop the license in the mail and send it to DPS I fail to see why people refuse to return the modified license.
Umm, because it's not necessary, perhaps? It's not a "refusal" of anything. It's just not jumping through the non-existant hoops. There are enough "real" hoops in life to worry about the imaginary ones. :mrgreen: (And again, it's not a "modified" license unless the category has been changed.)
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

AEA
Posts in topic: 7

Post by AEA »

sjfcontrol wrote:(And again, it's not a "modified" license unless the category has been changed.)
See what I mean? Peeps cannot seem to get that point. I know I didn't for quite awhile. :biggrinjester:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

AEA
Posts in topic: 7

Post by AEA »

AEA wrote:
AEA wrote:On my recent 2nd renewal I specifically asked for my DL picture to be used (updated several months ago) on the checklist form, written in and they still used my 5 year old CHL license photo (from my 1st renewal) instead of my request. I don't buy the "Default" statement above.

They just cannot get everything right all the time. They need a QC section of the process.

I have been concerned about this since I received it as the pictures are quite different and that Is one of the reasons I updated my DL photo several months ago in anticipation for them to have a current picture available. They still messed it up.

So today I have emailed them and supplied pictures of my 1st renewal, 2nd renewal (both with same picture) and current DL (with new picture) so they can easily see their error. I have requested that they re-manufacture my new CHL with the DL photo that I requested in the first place (that they ignored) at no cost to me.

We will see how this goes........ :roll:
Well, well, well.......................
Today (3rd working day since my email) I received this email from TxDPS CHL Licensing Division:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for giving the Department the opportunity to respond to your email question regarding a Texas Concealed Handgun license.

We have received your documents and they have been forwarded to our processing department. Please allow 2 weeks to be updated by the department.

So, it appears they agreed and I should have a Duplicate License (with new picture) in a couple of weeks.
Well, took them 3 weeks to do it, but they did correct the picture and I got the new License in the mail today, at no charge.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

guera
Posts in topic: 1

Post by guera »

FYI, I have successfully submitted my New CHL application online (CHL-100, CHL-6, FAST receipt, and Checklist).

See my post in "CHL Checklist": http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=60041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guerra

Return to “DPS Updates”