No Updates - How Does DPS Expect Compliance?

Keep up to date on DPS changes impacting CHL instructors and licensees

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: No Updates - How Does DPS Expect Compliance?

Post by WildBill »

superchief wrote:I think it is a real let down that DPS provided zero updates on the program for 2012. The CHL-16 was released without any comment, and the only information that emerged was dragged out of the department by Chas and others calling to see what what was going on. I don't expect weekly updates or even monthly updates, but some sort of quarterly "here's what's happening e-mail" would be good to see. Any ideas on why the program has been handled like this?
Probably this is a very low priority. I can't think of too many government agencies that provide "what's happening type of newsletters." Then there are always people who would complain that "DPS has time to write this stupid e-mail newsletter and I've been waiting XX days for my CHL." You can't please everyone. ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

Lambda Force

Post by Lambda Force »

In many trades, professional organizations keep their members up to date. They don't wait for newsletters from the licensing and regulatory agencies.
Tyranny is identified by what is legal for government employees but illegal for the citizenry.

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

They seemed pretty busy to me when I went through the Instructor class. We were advised to keep up with the Admin Rules since they are working through intended changes to them. They are linked on the website. Considering the improvements that have made in the program reducing application processing times and ease of filing documents, it seems they are not just sitting around doing nothing. Updates would be nice of course, and maybe that is on the list somewhere soon. ;-)
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Return to “DPS Updates”