New Photo

Keep up to date on DPS changes impacting CHL instructors and licensees

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
HankHardisty
Posts in topic: 1

New Photo

Post by HankHardisty »

My DL is due for renewal this year, but my CHL does not expire unitl 2016. I have lost considerable weight since my last photo and the DL folks will require a new photo. Can I have my CHL photo updated at the same time or must I wait for renewal?

jbarn

Re: New Photo

Post by jbarn »

I am not aware of any procedure for replacing your photo.

I suppose you could wait until you receive your new DL, then apply for a replacement CHL by reporting a "lost or stolen" license. I do not recall if there is an affidavit to swear to or affirm, but I would not make a false statement to replace your current license.

I would ONLY use the above method if it appears changing your picture is an acceptable reason.
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

You might get a better response if you post this question in the general CHL forum rather than resources & links.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

RKlenka

Post by RKlenka »

Going to be showing off your CHL a lot? :P

I think you can submit for a new license, using the lost or stolen method. I remember they will replace it to add on things like "Instructor" or "Veteran" if you qualify so i would think a change of picture should be fine. I don't remember though if they require you to send back your old one since it was not expired or not.
Texas CHL Instructor - NRA Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Black powder rifle, Black powder pistol
Russian Martial Art Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

Return to “DPS Updates”