New hours for CHL call center

Keep up to date on DPS changes impacting CHL instructors and licensees

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
infoman
Posts in topic: 2

New hours for CHL call center

Post by infoman »

I just found out that starting this week, DPS CHL call center is open 7am-7pm. So anyone wanting to call them can do so during these extended hours.

paulnkathy
Posts in topic: 6

Re: New hours for CHL call center

Post by paulnkathy »

That's good news for me because I cannot apply online because the Online DPS CHL Application process does not recognize my Tx Dr Lic information. I have no clue what's up about that. Thanks

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

paulnkathy wrote:That's good news for me because I cannot apply online because the Online DPS CHL Application process does not recognize my Tx Dr Lic information. I have no clue what's up about that. Thanks
I saw where you posted that in the other thread. Have you tried logging into the driver's license system?

Try going here, http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/ and log in to change your address. You don't need to actually change it, just verify you can log in and then cancel out.

At least that will tell you which division of DPS you need to talk to. If you can't log in to change your DL address, then you need to talk to the DL division to get it straightened out.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

paulnkathy

Post by paulnkathy »

You were right. I can't login to change my Dr lic address online. It says go here to see wyy. It was http://dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/changes.htm Driver Licenses and ID CArds /Search for Driver License Offices. I'll have to call them tomorrow. I mean I have a Tx Dr Lic !!! Sheesh. Thanks for the tip friend. Paul

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

:tiphat: I sincerely hope this doesn't mean your driver's license has been suspended.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

paulnkathy

Post by paulnkathy »

My wife reminded me we got a letter last Sept from DPS saying they had made a mistake with my Dr Lic and sent us a new one. Issue date I think. There was a batch of them that had errors, mine included. We thought all was well since they found their own mistake and sent the new Dr Lic. Apparently they have not fixed the problem with MY Dr Lic and information as I am NOT even in their system. But I have a brand new Dr Lic in my hand. We will try to find that letter from DPS and call them ASAP.
Prayers are appreciated in this matter.
Thanks for your help Paw Paw. :tiphat:

paulnkathy

Post by paulnkathy »

All is squared away and CHL Application submitted. Now to Fingerprints on Thursday. Hope to submit CL 100 and fingerprints thurs afternoon and MAYBE get a 2015 submission date. Still they have 90 days to complete it and get back to me with the LTC card.
How long has it been taking them to issue the cards to people?
Thanks again for your help! Paul

Topic author
infoman

Post by infoman »

2 months right now

paulnkathy

Post by paulnkathy »

OK. Thanks. =) :fire :rules:

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Scott B. »

The call center does open at 7, but the data entry folks don't get in until 8, or so the very professional call center lady told me on the phone :tiphat:
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

paulnkathy

Post by paulnkathy »

Continuing with CHL questions...
I got my DPS Application Checklist with it 's bar code. It just shows the "Certificate of hand gun proficiency certificate" on the checklist.
Is that ALL that I have to upload or email to them?

The finger print people say they upload my prints, nothing further for me to do with the prints.

If I only upload the Certificat, then I'll do that today before the finger print appointment tomorrow?

Thanks guys. Paul

Just got thru to DPS CHL and they saidn yes , whatever is on the CHL App Checklist I got from them in the email is all I need to do. Finger print people upload the prints. Yeay.

Return to “DPS Updates”