Got "jugged" today

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Got "jugged" today

Post by RoyGBiv »

Tic Tac wrote: evitcetorp os ton si egalomacr evitcetopr ,snosaer eh
Translation? :shock:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

android
Posts in topic: 1

Post by android »

RoyGBiv wrote:
Roughly translated it means, "out of plane sight doesn't mean you're not a target." ;-)

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote:
Read it backwards:

"He reasons, something something is not so protective"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Tic Tac wrote:

evitcetorp os ton si egalomacr evitcetopr ,snosaer eh
Took me a few minutes to figure out your reverse sentence.
Everything clicked once I deduced your misspellings.

"rlol"

TAM: I comes out : He reasons, protective camouflage is not so protective. :evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I don't know if it was jugging or not but my daughter and brand new son-in-law left their wedding reception and drove to a nice hotel Saturday night. Sunday AM they found someone had broken into the car an pulled everything from the glove box and console. Like the BG's were looking for something specific. They had taken an envelope with cash and several gift cards with them when they left the reception, but luckily they took them up to the hotel room.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

knotquiteawake wrote:I pickup our monthly cash for groceries and lunch and such every month on payday. I'm always looking around as I exit the bank to see if anyone is "lurking". Didn't really think about being followed though. Will be checking my mirrors.
I've been paying quite a bit of attention after someone purposely waited for me to leave the bank before they stopped looking at their phone and followed me out only to strike up a conversation. Asked about my hat which has a very non-military patch on it and if I was based at Ft. Sam and a few other nosy questions. I sat in my car in the bank lot until I saw him leave. It took a bit.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

jerry_r60

Post by jerry_r60 »

Thanks for this post. I'm always looking around when I walk out of the bank with cash or while at the atm but haven't really thought much of being followed to another spot. I will now.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

New story: different bank, near Memorial Village. Not me but my 34 year old son. Different tactics, much scarier.

My son went to our old bank to get his birth certificate for a new passport. As he is leaving he hears a small rush of air and his tire goes flat.

He pulls into the Whataburger across the street and parks. He looks and has a flat tire. He says bad words and goes has breakfast.

Calls me as he is having trouble with the Suburban spare. New tires, fix a flat did nothing.

He shows me the spare removal sequence, I say lets tow it. We go back to the bank to one other item and as we are calling for a tow, two other customers are calling for tows, as their tires were slashed by someone in the parking lot.

Apparently the new tactic is to disable your car just enough for you to get always and break down. Where they follow and rob you. Much more dangerous. Stay alert.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Well, I like to drive my old cars till the wheels fall off before i get another used one. Then i keep that one till those fall off. I never pay the price they're asking for now days.

Momma

Post by Momma »

baldeagle wrote:To combat this sort of thing I have the Home on my GPS set to the local PD station, and I've drilled it in to my wife, if you even think you are being followed, drive straight to the police station.
GREAT idea!!

viking1000

Post by viking1000 »

As a EX police officer here are two things....Always expect the unexpected, and a persons life can depend on a mere scrap peace of information.
There out there looking for you and what you have.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I don't use ATM's. Never have.

They remind me of the watering holes where predators lie in wait.

If I get cash I do so while maintaining situational awareness.

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

Citizens National Bank of Henderson - who hate guns, by the way - issues frequent warnings their ATM cards will be temporarily disabled in the Houston area due to high fraudulent activity.

Getting jugged like that was a close call. Some juggings get close and personal.

usurp31

Post by usurp31 »

"Jugged"? Learned my new thing for today. The pains that criminals will go through never surprise me.

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

I read about this in an article not to long ago, after reading it I sent it to the office manager where I work since we deal with cash/check payments and we send our receptionist to the bank for deposits.

I've also talked to my wife and don't let her go to the bank anymore. I don't ever have anything in my car except for car insurance and CDs. Slashing tires is a new one, we have to be even more aware now.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”