IL: Chicago 4th of July parade mass shooting 7 dead

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Re: IL: Chicago 4th of July parade mass shooting 7 dead

Post by Grayling813 »

Father of Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with reckless conduct
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fa ... -rcna62182
The father of the Highland Park, Illinois, parade shooting suspect has been charged in connection with helping his son obtain a firearm and ammunition, officials announced Friday.

Robert E. Crimo Jr. was charged with seven counts of reckless conduct, one for each person killed in the July Fourth parade attack, Lake County State’s Attorney Eric Rinehart said.

Prosecutors said Crimo Jr. helped his son, Robert E. Crimo III, purchase the AR-15-style weapon used in the shooting by sponsoring his son’s Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) application.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grayling813 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:06 pm Father of Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with reckless conduct
The father of the Highland Park, Illinois, parade shooting suspect has been charged in connection with helping his son obtain a firearm and ammunition, officials announced Friday.

Robert E. Crimo Jr. was charged with seven counts of reckless conduct, one for each person killed in the July Fourth parade attack, Lake County State’s Attorney Eric Rinehart said.

Prosecutors said Crimo Jr. helped his son, Robert E. Crimo III, purchase the AR-15-style weapon used in the shooting by sponsoring his son’s Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) application.
It may not be a popular opinion here but I feel it was appropriate to hold the father responsible for obtaining his son a firearm in these circumstances. I am as pro-gun as a person can be but feel it is my responsibility to know my own kids well enough to determine if they are off their rocker.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:49 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:06 pm Father of Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with reckless conduct

It may not be a popular opinion here but I feel it was appropriate to hold the father responsible for obtaining his son a firearm in these circumstances. I am as pro-gun as a person can be but feel it is my responsibility to know my own kids well enough to determine if they are off their rocker.
The article indicates that it was not possible for the mentally disturbed son to legally obtain either the Illinois FOID or purchase a firearm on his own. The attack was carried out with the parent’s assistance. Their cowardice led to the deaths of seven people.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”