Fugitive Shot By Police Friday In Irving

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Fugitive Shot By Police Friday In Irving

Post by carlson1 »

Not too far from my house. I also understand a couple was robbed at gun point outiside (ATM) at the Chase Bank on Beltline on Friday night. It is just not safe to get out at night and not be aware of what is taking place around you. I am not to for sure it just isn’t safe at night anymore.
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/texas/news/ ... -shooting/
All eastbound lanes of SH 183 in Irving are shut down after an officer involved shooting.

Irving police say their fugitive unit was looking for a wanted felon around 7: 30 p.m. Friday, who they found along the service road of the freeway. He was on foot.

When police attempted to take the man into custody, he pulled out a gun and pointed it at officers. Three officers then fired toward the suspect.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Fugitive Shot By Police Friday In Irving

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:20 am Not too far from my house. I also understand a couple was robbed at gun point outiside (ATM) at the Chase Bank on Beltline on Friday night. It is just not safe to get out at night and not be aware of what is taking place around you. I am not to for sure it just isn’t safe at night anymore.
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/texas/news/ ... -shooting/
All eastbound lanes of SH 183 in Irving are shut down after an officer involved shooting.

Irving police say their fugitive unit was looking for a wanted felon around 7: 30 p.m. Friday, who they found along the service road of the freeway. He was on foot.

When police attempted to take the man into custody, he pulled out a gun and pointed it at officers. Three officers then fired toward the suspect.
I don't do ATM's anymore. Too many stories of folks being robbed or followed to be robbed somewhere else. I rarely even carry cash these days. Just about anywhere I shop will take a debit card.

JRG

Post by JRG »

I hesitate to get out at night these days. Even here in Waxahachie, there was a shooting at the local Walmart at closing time a few weeks ago. Not safe, not safe, not safe.

Joe

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:18 am [I don't do ATM's anymore. Too many stories of folks being robbed or followed to be robbed somewhere else. I rarely even carry cash these days. Just about anywhere I shop will take a debit card.
There are many types of dangers in our society today. One of them is clearly a physical danger that can be anywhere from an ATM to an outlet mall. Situational awareness is more important than ever.

But we are also at risk of the government turning us into a digital currency only environment which, IMHO, is FAR worse than an physical threat to having cash. I'm the opposite of you. I am using cash more and more. Not because it is convenient or safe but because it can happen outside of government observation. I accept the physical risks and am more comfortable with them than the path the the truckers in Canada clearly showed was a dead end. Jugging - the criminals who follow you after you make withdrawal at the bank, is fairly easy to defend against as long as you are willing to pay attention to who is behind you while driving and take them through 3 right hand turns. If they are still there, I go directly to a police station and park. Just my $.02.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

chasfm11 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:34 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:18 am [I don't do ATM's anymore. Too many stories of folks being robbed or followed to be robbed somewhere else. I rarely even carry cash these days. Just about anywhere I shop will take a debit card.
There are many types of dangers in our society today. One of them is clearly a physical danger that can be anywhere from an ATM to an outlet mall. Situational awareness is more important than ever.

But we are also at risk of the government turning us into a digital currency only environment which, IMHO, is FAR worse than an physical threat to having cash. I'm the opposite of you. I am using cash more and more. Not because it is convenient or safe but because it can happen outside of government observation. I accept the physical risks and am more comfortable with them than the path the the truckers in Canada clearly showed was a dead end. Jugging - the criminals who follow you after you make withdrawal at the bank, is fairly easy to defend against as long as you are willing to pay attention to who is behind you while driving and take them through 3 right hand turns. If they are still there, I go directly to a police station and park. Just my $.02.
I am struggling, wondering how using my card to simply make purchases is more of a threat to my privacy than using the same card to get cash. Somehow I don't feel threatened by someone knowing I bought gas, groceries or a soda at the convenience store. Have you also stopped using cell phones? They can tell every place you have been just having one on you. Did you renew your LTC? That informed the government of your intentions to carry a firearm. You posted on the internet to make this last post. You can be tracked through that also. Using the card at the bank to get cash still tells them you got cash. But then you have all the added hassle of doing all the subterfuge to make sure nobody is following you. Staying away from an ATM is no different than choosing to stay away from a biker bar, strip club or a bad area of the city. It has nothing to do with lack of awareness or a heavy sense of awareness. It is simply staying away from area's or locations more likely to make one a victim of crime.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:34 pm [
I am struggling, wondering how using my card to simply make purchases is more of a threat to my privacy than using the same card to get cash. Somehow I don't feel threatened by someone knowing I bought gas, groceries or a soda at the convenience store. Have you also stopped using cell phones? They can tell every place you have been just having one on you. Did you renew your LTC? That informed the government of your intentions to carry a firearm. You posted on the internet to make this last post. You can be tracked through that also. Using the card at the bank to get cash still tells them you got cash. But then you have all the added hassle of doing all the subterfuge to make sure nobody is following you. Staying away from an ATM is no different than choosing to stay away from a biker bar, strip club or a bad area of the city. It has nothing to do with lack of awareness or a heavy sense of awareness. It is simply staying away from area's or locations more likely to make one a victim of crime.
I did not intend to cause this much thread drift. My point was that the government is poised to take away all use of cash and that, IMHO, too many U.S. Citizens are going to willingly embrace that direction. It is not about what the government knows that causes the problem but what the government can allow when there is now cash alternative. My point about the Canadians was to demonstrate that the government can instantly bankrupt us when they are in total control of the monetary system and we don't conform their thinking. I''ve made it a personal project to use cash and am encouraging others to do the same to help fend off the implementation of digital currency. Again, it is not what the government knows bout what the government can control.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

How long after we go cashless will it be to require all to have a chip implanted. Without the chip we wont be able to access our "credits" . Watch out Social Security recipients, veterans, and military retired.
N5PNZ

Outnumbered

Post by Outnumbered »

chasfm11 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:20 am
I did not intend to cause this much thread drift. My point was that the government is poised to take away all use of cash and that, IMHO, too many U.S. Citizens are going to willingly embrace that direction. It is not about what the government knows that causes the problem but what the government can allow when there is now cash alternative. My point about the Canadians was to demonstrate that the government can instantly bankrupt us when they are in total control of the monetary system and we don't conform their thinking. I''ve made it a personal project to use cash and am encouraging others to do the same to help fend off the implementation of digital currency. Again, it is not what the government knows bout what the government can control.
Good points!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

After ATM's first came out a woman in Houston was kidnapped, tied to a tree and tortured to death for her ATM pin. ATM's have cameras so they recorded every attempt to withdraw money from her account with a fake pin number she gave them. They returned everytime to where she was tied to the tree and got another number. They even took pictures of her tied to the tree with her cell phone camera. All this played out on the front page of the newspaper in Houston. She eventually died. Not sure they got any money other than what she just took out.

I decided at that point I would never use an ATM.

I get cash at the bank. I refuse an envelope every time. One time my wife was going out of town and needed cash. She hates one hundreds. So I got her 8 twenty dollar bills, I said yes to the envelope and had it in my hand when I left the bank. I was followed 8 miles to my next appointment, where my car was broken into in a parking garage of a State of Texas office building. I put my brief case in the trunk with the cash. They did not want to open any doors, lest the alarm would go off. The window replacement was $1000.

People in Houston are starting to not lock their cars, so they don't have to pay for window replacement. Cars in bar parking lots are the big target. Pickup trucks. Any cars with conservative stickers.

I hope none of the police are charged or receive negative reports on their files in this incident.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”