Another mass shooting in Las Vegas

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Another mass shooting in Las Vegas

Post by Beiruty »

What is in the water these days?
2 Gunmen unload on 2 police officers eating at a local restaurant.
Then, go kill another person nearby,
Then, they self-terminate. :banghead:
(CNN) -- Two police officers and a third person were killed by two gunmen in Las Vegas on Sunday, according to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police spokeswoman Laura Meltzer.

The attackers first opened fire and killed the officers at about 11:30 a.m. as they were eating lunch, she said.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/08/justice/l ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

CoffeeNut

Re: Another mass shooting in Las Vegas

Post by CoffeeNut »

The civilian may have been concealed carrying and exchanged fire with killers before being shot to death, forcing the killers to the back where they killed themselves.
However, they shot and killed another victim that may have pulled out a concealed weapon and exchanged fire, the newspaper reported.

The pair then retreated to the back of the store and killed themselves in an apparent suicide pact, said Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill at a press conference.
Daily News
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

I read a story that a civilian with a concealed carry permit exchanged fire with the couple, possibly wounding one, causing the pair to go behind the Walmart and shoot themselves. It's unclear as to whether the civilian is the person killed at the Walmart or not.

If true, then this person is responsible for saving who knows how many lives. Of course, this won't be reported by the media.

http://buzzpo.com/breaking-armed-cc-civ ... ing-vegas/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Starting a revolution...is what witnesses heard them say.

Stupid, senseless, waste of good lives. Tragic for the officers' and vixtim's families.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

philip964
Posts in topic: 7

Post by philip964 »

They had a duffle bag with them .

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Nice to know that CiCi's no-guns policy was so effective.....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

philip964

Post by philip964 »

These may or may not be the couple involved.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/vegas ... 6C10983446" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arrested earlier for plotting to kill Las Vegas police officers.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

And here is a bit more info from FoxNews...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/09/la ... remacists/

Now, I've tried and tried to not buy into any of the worst conspiracy theories I've seen bounced around after some of these shooting incidents...but this thing seems tailor-made for Bloomberg and the other antis. We've got "white supremacist", a Gadsden "Don't tread on me" flag, camouflage-wearing, and a Wal-Mart. In fact, the only buzz words I didn't see in the article were "assault rifle" or "PTSD". :banghead:

Of course, the real tragedy is that these two LEOs lost their lives, and so did an innocent bystander, to what likely were a couple of meth addicts. :mad5

EDITED TO ADD: And reading the NBC article above my post, I see that its even worse than the FoxNews article. :banghead: :banghead:

philip964

Post by philip964 »

K.Mooneyham wrote:And here is a bit more info from FoxNews...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/09/la ... remacists/

Now, I've tried and tried to not buy into any of the worst conspiracy theories I've seen bounced around after some of these shooting incidents...but this thing seems tailor-made for Bloomberg and the other antis. We've got "white supremacist", a Gadsden "Don't tread on me" flag, camouflage-wearing, and a Wal-Mart. In fact, the only buzz words I didn't see in the article were "assault rifle" or "PTSD". :banghead:

Of course, the real tragedy is that these two LEOs lost their lives, and so did an innocent bystander, to what likely were a couple of meth addicts. :mad5

EDITED TO ADD: And reading the NBC article above my post, I see that its even worse than the FoxNews article. :banghead: :banghead:
Probably not the people who did this. Your article says they are in their 20's. This pair is a lot older, unless its the Meth.

Apparently their has been no new information on any CHL exchanging gun fire with the BG's. The news is now saying the person killed at the front door of the store was a shopper and that the police exchanged gun fire with the BG's in Walmart not a CHL.

howdy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by howdy »

It has been confirmed by the Las Vegas Sheriff's Dept that the civilian killed in Wal Mart was a CHL holder and did confront the man shooter. The CHL holder did not know that the woman shooter was with the man and walked past her to confront the man and the woman then shot him in the side.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

howdy wrote:It has been confirmed by the Las Vegas Sheriff's Dept that the civilian killed in Wal Mart was a CHL holder and did confront the man shooter. The CHL holder did not know that the woman shooter was with the man and walked past her to confront the man and the woman then shot him in the side.
Source?
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

howdy

Post by howdy »

Keith B wrote:
howdy wrote:It has been confirmed by the Las Vegas Sheriff's Dept that the civilian killed in Wal Mart was a CHL holder and did confront the man shooter. The CHL holder did not know that the woman shooter was with the man and walked past her to confront the man and the woman then shot him in the side.
Source?

It was the news conference on CNN by the Las Vegas Sheriff's Dept. at 1:30pm. It came from the Asst. Sheriff's mouth.
Texas LTC Instructor
USMC 1972-1979

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

If possiblle please provide a source link or advise it was on television and no link available when posting.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Well that would totally be bad to have that happen to you. Get blind sided like that.

RIP brave CHL.

howdy

Post by howdy »

Here is a link to NBC news
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two ... ee-n125766" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"A shopper, Joseph Robert Wilcox, 31, of Las Vegas had a concealed weapon and decided to confront Jerad Miller, police said. As he walked toward the suspect, Amanda Miller came up behind him and shot him several times in the ribs, police said."
Texas LTC Instructor
USMC 1972-1979

Return to “The Crime Blotter”