SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

flowrie
Posts in topic: 2

Re: SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Post by flowrie »

Just read this on Zerohedge (I normally read Zerohedge for financial information):

Meanwhile, in a surprise move on Monday, the Texas House Select Committee on Community Safety voted 8-5 to advance a bill that would make it illegal for Texans under age 21 to buy "certain semiautomatic rifles," specifically, those with a caliber greater than .22 and which accept detachable magazines. The May 2022 massacre at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas was perpetrated by an 18-year-old.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 16

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paladin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:22 am
2farnorth wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:20 am I saw a report last night that he had been discharged from the Army because of mental problems. Why was he able to purchase firearms?
Or become an armed security guard?
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Excaliber »

What the news won't tell you about this shooter:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tex ... zi-tattoos
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Excaliber »

More details. Note the comments multiple people reportedly made to him about him being likely to go on a shooting rampage in different environments:

https://heavy.com/news/mauricio-garcia/
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Papa_Tiger »

flowrie wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:32 am Just read this on Zerohedge (I normally read Zerohedge for financial information):

Meanwhile, in a surprise move on Monday, the Texas House Select Committee on Community Safety voted 8-5 to advance a bill that would make it illegal for Texans under age 21 to buy "certain semiautomatic rifles," specifically, those with a caliber greater than .22 and which accept detachable magazines. The May 2022 massacre at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas was perpetrated by an 18-year-old.
It was a feel good thing that is likely to go nowhere. Today is the last day for the House to put bills that were filed in the House on the calendar for floor discussion. A bill like that is NOT going to go onto the local and consent calendar, and as of yet, the committee report hasn't been filed with the Calendars committee, which means the bill is effectively dead.

https://tlc.texas.gov/docs/legref/Dates-of-Interest.pdf

Paladin
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Paladin »

Excaliber wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:51 am More details. Note the comments multiple people reportedly made to him about him being likely to go on a shooting rampage in different environments:

https://heavy.com/news/mauricio-garcia/
LOL, some of that stuff was definitely not written by the shooter. Videos he made show that he was exceptionally stupid and not capable of writing things like:
This existential crisis demands that we reassess our core values and priorities as a society, and it deserves our collective commitment to change and grow if we are to stem the tide of this terrible phenomenon.
More confirmation that this event was staged.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

flowrie wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:32 am Just read this on Zerohedge (I normally read Zerohedge for financial information):

My AR-15 is 22 cal.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grayling813 »

Sure just coincidental that anti-2nd Amendment Democrat Steven Spainhouer was close by and rushed to the scene, so he can conduct many interviews spouting his views on firearms control .
https://www.facebook.com/CollinCountyTX ... painhouer/

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:24 am Sure just coincidental that anti-2nd Amendment Democrat Steven Spainhouer was close by and rushed to the scene, so he can conduct many interviews spouting his views on firearms control .
I thought that odd as well and Google'd him after reading one of the earlier articles just now. Also odd that said that this was not a mental health issue and was a firearms issue and calls for a ban of automatic assault weapons. As far as I know, this was a semi automatic AR involved and not a full auto correct? Also I find it hard to believe that he beat all first responders to the soon and rushed to save lives by performing CPR on victims.

I genuinely do not know, but does performing CPR help a gunshot victim? I would think the first course of action would be to stop the bleeding.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Paladin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:38 am More confirmation that this event was staged.
Not staged, but he was likely "assisted" along the path of his mental break.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:05 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:24 am Sure just coincidental that anti-2nd Amendment Democrat Steven Spainhouer was close by and rushed to the scene, so he can conduct many interviews spouting his views on firearms control .
I thought that odd as well and Google'd him after reading one of the earlier articles just now. Also odd that said that this was not a mental health issue and was a firearms issue and calls for a ban of automatic assault weapons. As far as I know, this was a semi automatic AR involved and not a full auto correct? Also I find it hard to believe that he beat all first responders to the soon and rushed to save lives by performing CPR on victims.

I genuinely do not know, but does performing CPR help a gunshot victim? I would think the first course of action would be to stop the bleeding.
Generally you want to stop the bleeding first. People can die from spurting arterial bleeds quicker than not breathing. Opening the airway is a good thing and if they don't breath on their own CPR might help, but it wouldn't be my first step.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:25 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:38 am More confirmation that this event was staged.
Not staged, but he was likely "assisted" along the path of his mental break.
assisted... planned... prepared

Rafe
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rafe »

Paladin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:27 pm Generally you want to stop the bleeding first. People can die from spurting arterial bleeds quicker than not breathing. Opening the airway is a good thing and if they don't breath on their own CPR might help, but it wouldn't be my first step.
Yeah. Manual chest-compression CPR ain't exactly the first thing you'd go to if someone has a sucking chest wound. :shock: Or, "Officer, the victim was clearly bleeding out from a femoral artery wound so I immediately started CPR." :shock: :shock:

Please never let Steven Spainhouer be anywhere near me if I get shot... And Spainhouer has been constantly and incessantly tweeting and posting about it since it happened. In fact, he's changed his Twitter profile to quote a tweet he launched yesterday about the event. And he's giving interviews anywhere and everywhere. You read his spiel, and it sounds like he personally laid hands on and tried to save every single individual who had been shot or even just fell down and sprained an ankle.

Sounds very much to me like a smarmy small-time politician who is doing everything in his power to maximize his 15 minutes of fame on the back of a tragedy.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by powerboatr »

planned...assisted...etc

i sure hope not. at least we have rangers investigating vice fbi.

seems we may have another david hogg in the mix...
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grayling813 »

Paladin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:27 pm
Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:05 pm

Generally you want to stop the bleeding first. People can die from spurting arterial bleeds quicker than not breathing. Opening the airway is a good thing and if they don't breath on their own CPR might help, but it wouldn't be my first step.
:iagree:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”