SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Re: SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Post by RoyGBiv »

DocV wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:03 am
powerboatr wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:37 pm on the other site i read,
some were asking why or if the LTCS nearby did not run in to protect the others???

Why would a LTC go to a mall known to be posted?
The mall website shows a "no weapons" policy.... This is not a properly posted 30.XX location.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Paladin wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:34 am WARNING GRAPHIC:

FBI Spreads Fake Pictures Online?

WARNING GRAPHIC
Interesting.... Assuming the mugshot is real, it does look like the neck tattoo was edited out of the crime scene photo...

The hand tattoo image is similar, but not the same as the "D"-Texas tattoo below it... The image in the center does not appear to be an icon of the state of Texas.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:44 am
some were asking why or if the LTCS nearby did not run in to protect the others???

The mall website shows a "no weapons" policy.... This is not a properly posted 30.XX location.
Agreed. The mall prohibits weapons as a policy, but policy has no force of law. It is not illegal to carry unless there is compliant notice provided.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grayling813 »

carlson1 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:38 am Evil will wax worse and worse.
:iagree: Evident more and more every day.
Last edited by Grayling813 on Mon May 08, 2023 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ScottDLS »

Flightmare wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:21 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:44 am

Agreed. The mall prohibits weapons as a policy, but policy has no force of law. It is not illegal to carry unless there is compliant notice provided.
They could at least have the decency to have a no murder policy and signs. And to prohibit Hispanic White supremacists from the mall. :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

aaangel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by aaangel »

I saw one interview of a woman her bf is border agent he asked her if she had her gun. She said yes and she was hiding in the back of a store with her daughter gun ready. Just in case he comes in she’s ready to defend…..exactly what i would have done. Create the tunnel of death for him. Cause we all know what happens to me with my little shield plus against an AR 15 with 45 round mag
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 11

Post by carlson1 »

Can be disturbing. This was about ten years ago. Handguns against an AK.

philip964
Posts in topic: 13

Post by philip964 »

The mass shooters in their insanity are using better tactics. This is the first I am aware of driving up to the entrance of the store popping out and starting to shoot. That gave little time for anyone to react. Plus rifle was hidden until he popped out with it. No walking from a parking space in full tactical gear with a rifle to alert anyone. Did he move his car with him? As he was killed in a different part of the center. If he did this would have kept more ammunition nearby.

We can thank the bravery of this officer for keeping the magnitude of this event as small as he did.

A security guard was murdered by the shooter. Does anyone know if he was armed?

A brave store clerk guided customers into a back closet. She was then murdered by the shooter. Did the shooter enter stores or did he only shoot in the sidewalk areas where we have seen the terrible pictures?

7:30 pm on May 8, 2023

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1655 ... 55712.html

Have no idea if any of this is him. Guy who wrote it seems to think it’s all real. It’s from his social media posts to OK.RU, apparently quite a NAZI fan.

Visited the center 3 weeks before. Pretty much spelled out all he was doing online. Google the time where it was the most crowded.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:39 pm The mass shooters in their insanity are using better tactics. This is the first I am aware of driving up to the entrance of the store popping out and starting to shoot. That gave little time for anyone to react. Plus rifle was hidden until he popped out with it. No walking from a parking space in full tactical gear with a rifle to alert anyone. Did he move his car with him? As he was killed in a different part of the center. If he did this would have kept more ammunition nearby.

We can thank the bravery of this officer for keeping the magnitude of this event as small as he did.

A security guard was murdered by the shooter. Does anyone know if he was armed?

A brave store clerk guided customers into a back closet. She was then murdered by the shooter. Did the shooter enter stores or did he only shoot in the sidewalk areas where we have seen the terrible pictures?

7:30 pm on May 8, 2023

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1655 ... 55712.html

Have no idea if any of this is him. Guy who wrote it seems to think it’s all real. It’s from his social media posts to OK.RU, apparently quite a NAZI fan.

Visited the center 3 weeks before. Pretty much spelled out all he was doing online. Google the time where it was the most crowded.
The receipt shows he had 10x12 AR550 armor plates as well as 6x8 side plates and trauma pads.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by powerboatr »

aaangel wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 4:03 pm I saw one interview of a woman her bf is border agent he asked her if she had her gun. She said yes and she was hiding in the back of a store with her daughter gun ready. Just in case he comes in she’s ready to defend…..exactly what i would have done. Create the tunnel of death for him. Cause we all know what happens to me with my little shield plus against an AR 15 with 45 round mag
yep smart play
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 2farnorth »

I saw a report last night that he had been discharged from the Army because of mental problems. Why was he able to purchase firearms?
N5PNZ

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:26 am
Excaliber wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:17 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:32 am I said it earlier in this thread and I will say it again. This guy stopped his car, hopped out with a rifle and immediately started shooting. We are talking seconds here in a very unexpected scenario. Had any of us been standing close enough to be effective with our hand guns, our chances of getting shot were far greater than our chances of stopping this guy. First your mind has to process a very crazy situation. Then you have to process draw, aim and fire. All while still stunned by what is occuring. I am sure I would have tried but am not delusional enough to think the odds are in my favor. There are situations, such as in the church shooting, that was ended by a miraculous head shot, where innocent people are going to die. No matter what we do and no matter how successful we are at doing it. This is definitely one of those situations.

Thank God for the Police Officer who ended this situation before more innocent life was lost. that officer is a true hero. I am very anxious to find out exactly how he approached and was able to end this with that head shot.

It is disgusting that the leftist inspired press is promoting the absolutely ludicrous claims of this guy being a Mexican white supremist!
In a situation like this, position is everything.

An LTC a few feet away and in front of the shooter has really bad odds.

On the other hand, shooters don't have 360 degree awareness. Someone behind, to the side, or at a diagonal just out of his peripheral vision would have had an excellent opportunity to stop a madman. Even better, anyone with a vehicle who drove down the parking lane his car was in could have taken him out with finality and relatively little risk.

These are the kinds of things best thought out and filed away ahead of time so the plan will be there when you need it.
Excellent points. I have often thought about these very situations. I have wondered if my mind would first think it was an undercover cop until I saw him unloading on people. Would that split second hesitation cause my demise? I know there is nothing in my heart and sole to prevent me from trying to stop a gunman from killing people.
Pro tip:

A lone male who gets out of a private vehicle dressed in tactical gear with no easily seen agency identifiers and armed with a long gun at a location without a violent incident already in progress is most likely not an undercover cop or a cop of any other kind either.

If you see that situation developing, it's a real good time to use the first few seconds to take up an advantageous position behind cover in his blind area and be ready to act when he removes the last vestiges of doubt about his identity and intent.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

2farnorth wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:20 am I saw a report last night that he had been discharged from the Army because of mental problems. Why was he able to purchase firearms?
Or become an armed security guard?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Excaliber wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:21 am
Pro tip:

A lone male who gets out of a private vehicle dressed in tactical gear with no easily seen agency identifiers and armed with a long gun at a location without a violent incident already in progress is most likely not an undercover cop or a cop of any other kind either.

If you see that situation developing, it's a real good time to use the first few seconds to take up an advantageous position behind cover in his blind area and be ready to act when he removes the last vestiges of doubt about his identity and intent.
:iagree:

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 11

Post by carlson1 »

I obtained a video of the killer right after he was shot in the head. It is not suitable to post nor do I think it would be right. That being said he looks like LEO except for his black tennis shoes with white shoe laces. Below is a still shot of his shoes.

It is amazing how witnesses view things. In the video people are saying he had an AK 47 (obviously an AR) and one was saying he had a RPG.
IMG_3931.jpeg

Return to “The Crime Blotter”