WA: Choirboy found gulty of 59th offense

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 1

WA: Choirboy found gulty of 59th offense

Post by seamusTX »

A 36-year-old Seattle man was found guilty of shooting a witness in a trial against him and her minor son. He was sentenced to 48 years in prison.

It was his 59th criminal conviction.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... ey25m.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/09/2 ... enced.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailywee ... nal_co.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do the math.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

The Annoyed Man

Re: WA: Choirboy found gulty of 59th offense

Post by The Annoyed Man »

seamusTX wrote:Do the math.

- Jim
So, my guess is that WA doesn't have 3rd strike law? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

lonewolf
Posts in topic: 3

Post by lonewolf »

It nauseates me when the friends/families of some accused criminals are interviewed on TV and they are moaning and wailing about how unjust the arrest was, what a good kid Little Johnnie is, how is turning his life around, etc, etc, ad nauseum. Usually a heinous crime, disastrous, injurious and sometimes fatal to the victims, who were often guilty of doing nothing but going through the daily grind of life......

59 offenses? I wonder what they were for........Hmmmmmm, could there be a pattern??? 36 years old and that many offenses? He must really like the three hots and a cot in jail.....

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Maybe these guys have to continue to be criminals to keep up on the legal fees......kind of like child support, but different.......I just find 59 offenses to be pretty offensive......

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Stories like this always make me wonder. Does there ever come a time, in a liberal's mind, where the number of convictions causes them to pause and think, perhaps there's something wrong with the way we handle criminals in this (fill in the blank - city, county, state, nation)? Does a judge ever think, this is ridiculous. I'm throwing the book at this joker? Even in Texas Kenneth McDuff had to be convicted of murder and sentenced to death four times before we finally killed the scumbag.

When criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens, something is seriously wrong with the legal system. When honest citizens can't grasp that concept, there is something even more seriously wrong with the entire country.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

All too often we seem to be throwing the rotten apple right back into the bushel......thus our system is enabling the situation. I know a man that was on a jury for a murder trial. They went through the whole shebang, and into deliberation. While deliberating, they were called back into the courtroom to hear that the defendant had entered into a plea bargain with the DA and was sentenced to 10 years probation. The DA lacked confidence in his case, I guess. What he didn't know is that the jury was just about to return a "Guilty" verdict, forcing some MAJOR time in the graybar hotel....You just never know....

Return to “The Crime Blotter”