CA: School shooter subdued by unarmed men

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

CA: School shooter subdued by unarmed men

Post by seamusTX »

In Carlsbad, California, today, a man "allegedly" approached a group of children in an elementary-school playground and shot at them while yelling incoherently about the president.

A construction worker ran into the shooter with his truck, then two other construction workers tackled the man and "administered a little street justice," according to witnesses.

Two little girls were slightly injured, possibly by ricochet fragments.

The suspect will be arrested when he is released from the hospital. Police think he is "a transient" and mentally ill.

http://mobile.latimes.com/wap/news/text ... e=L.A.+NOW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... -says.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CA: School shooter subdued by unarmed men

Post by C-dub »

I heard about this yesterday, but didn't get the conclusion. Thanks.

Way to go construction dudes!!! :cheers2:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I don't think the guy driving the truck was really "unarmed" in the truest sense of the word, after all, hasn't a motor vehicle been found to be a lethal weapon in some court or another?
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Carrying a loaded handgun in California is illegal. It is illegal for a mentally ill person to purchase a handgun. How could the mentally ill transient have done this in the first place, since it is illegal. Shooting at school children is illegal. Its illegal to have a handgun within 1000 feet of a school. This should have protected these children. California has passed all these laws to protect there children, but it didn't work, I don't understand, how this could have happened, because there were all these laws to prevent it.

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

philip964 wrote:Carrying a loaded handgun in California is illegal. It is illegal for a mentally ill person to purchase a handgun. How could the mentally ill transient have done this in the first place, since it is illegal. Shooting at school children is illegal. Its illegal to have a handgun within 1000 feet of a school. This should have protected these children. California has passed all these laws to protect there children, but it didn't work, I don't understand, how this could have happened, because there were all these laws to prevent it.
It is due to a failure in the law therefore we need to make more laws to patch up the old ones that don't work, don't you see that.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

philip964 wrote:Carrying a loaded handgun in California is illegal. It is illegal for a mentally ill person to purchase a handgun. How could the mentally ill transient have done this in the first place, since it is illegal. Shooting at school children is illegal. Its illegal to have a handgun within 1000 feet of a school. This should have protected these children. California has passed all these laws to protect there children, but it didn't work, I don't understand, how this could have happened, because there were all these laws to prevent it.

Signs must have been too small and too few.
California needs to raise taxes to afford bigger signs, and more signs, creating jobs for sign painters and paint manufacturers.

Also, they should tax more and give money to the streets/roads dept, to build ramps up to rooftops on any skyscrapers or towers or say 6th floor of a library. so a truck could get there to defend against this sort of thing at any level.

Yeah, maybe a few more laws too.

--------

Thanks SeamusTx, I added it to the list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And someone already added it to List_of_school-related_attacks#Primary_school_and_kindergarten_incidents
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sc ... _incidents" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seamusTX »

Interview with the driver who ran into the lunatic and stopped him:

http://www.10news.com/news/25346667/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Jim

Return to “The Crime Blotter”