Robber puts gun to woman's head

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
texanron
Posts in topic: 1

Robber puts gun to woman's head

Post by texanron »

Woman mugged while exercising
Mugged while out for walk at 8am on a Saturday morning. Incident serves as a reminder about exercising while wearing ear buds/head phones. Keep the volume down low enough to still hear what is going on around us. Even better to go without ear buds/head phones.
Thankfully this woman learned this lesson only at the cost of an ipod.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

speedsix

Re: Robber puts gun to woman's head

Post by speedsix »

...great point...Bluetooth provides the same distraction...

jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmorris »

So what's that part of the town like? I wonder because I got into a "if you don't want to be robbed don't go into the bad parts" ...discussion... today. Be nice to have a recent example to point out.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Seburiel

Post by Seburiel »

jmorris wrote:So what's that part of the town like? I wonder because I got into a "if you don't want to be robbed don't go into the bad parts" ...discussion... today. Be nice to have a recent example to point out.
Dude... San Antonio... there is no 'good parts' of town. The homeless will rob you for your shoes, the crackheads for your money, the high school students will steal your car, the city your taxes, and if you get angry about it, the mayor will call you an anti-progressive.

None the less - I love this city!

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Seburiel wrote:
jmorris wrote:So what's that part of the town like? I wonder because I got into a "if you don't want to be robbed don't go into the bad parts" ...discussion... today. Be nice to have a recent example to point out.
Dude... San Antonio... there is no 'good parts' of town. The homeless will rob you for your shoes, the crackheads for your money, the high school students will steal your car, the city your taxes, and if you get angry about it, the mayor will call you an anti-progressive.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I was happy to get out of the city personally. Granted, I'm only in Bulverde, but it's far enough away to forget about SAT. :lol:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmorris »

Seburiel wrote:

None the less - I love this city!
Be that so, this incident took place in Baytown so having an other than SA reference helps. Yes, I live in a very nice neighborhood on the NE side of SA and we've had an armed robbery, home invasion, etc. But she believes nothing bad like that has happened in her neighborhood.

Oh, rats. I had totally forgot about the SAPD online database. Think I'll show that to her today.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

g31357

Post by g31357 »

good point

Return to “The Crime Blotter”