Horrible shooting/child abduction

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

speedsix
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Horrible shooting/child abduction

Post by speedsix »

Oldgringo wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
Poldark wrote:Woman accused of killing Houston mother, kidnapping baby appears in court .

http://www.wfaa.com/news/148171545.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hear, hear, the defense attorney is out of his mind:
"It is our position that she is entitled to a reasonable bond. She does not have a great deal of assets. If the state wants to hold our client on a no-bond, they have a great burden that they will have to satisfy for the court on Monday," Bond said. "It’s our hope on Monday that a bond is set reasonably, so Miss McClain will be allowed to return home and tend to her children."
Attending to her children??? :totap: :totap: , a cold-blood killer, an abductor and, as said attorney claims she is very upset and on suicide watch. Give her a rope and let's forget about her.
:thumbs2: Enough is enough! I want a public hanging and everyone bring your kids. Actions have consequences. Let the kids see a a consequence for a bad action up close and personal rather than in meaningless words.

...sounds like something Uncle Ted would say...I'm proud of you...and glad that you have that level of passion within!!!

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Oldgringo »

speedsix wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
Poldark wrote:Woman accused of killing Houston mother, kidnapping baby appears in court .

http://www.wfaa.com/news/148171545.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hear, hear, the defense attorney is out of his mind:
"It is our position that she is entitled to a reasonable bond. She does not have a great deal of assets. If the state wants to hold our client on a no-bond, they have a great burden that they will have to satisfy for the court on Monday," Bond said. "It’s our hope on Monday that a bond is set reasonably, so Miss McClain will be allowed to return home and tend to her children."
Attending to her children??? :totap: :totap: , a cold-blood killer, an abductor and, as said attorney claims she is very upset and on suicide watch. Give her a rope and let's forget about her.
:thumbs2: Enough is enough! I want a public hanging and everyone bring your kids. Actions have consequences. Let the kids see a a consequence for a bad action up close and personal rather than in meaningless words.

...sounds like something Uncle Ted would say...I'm proud of you...and glad that you have that level of passion within!!!
I don't have a TV audience. "...I yam what I yam....", and I mean it.

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...from what I've seen here...what you "yam" is what made America great...but you didn't hear that from ME!!!

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

SewTexas wrote:He said WHAT??? :mad5 Oh, she's suppose to go home and "tend her children" meanwhile 4? other children will never, ever have their mother "tend" them!!!! Ooooo :mad5 :mad5 I know, I know....he's just doing his job, but he could have pick just about any other words...it's a good thing I wasn't the judge on the bench, I probably would have tripled the bail just on principle.

I often say that when I "grow up I want to be a judge" but then????
No, I really don't think he's "just doing his job". I am certainly not naive enough to think that a complex society can run without laws and without people to interpret those laws and act as "agents" for persons in a court of laws, especially when they are as complex as ours. BUT, and if folks don't like this so be it, I cannot condone why some lawyers seemingly jump at the chance to get someone like this woman off the charges. They may tell themselves its so they can get "justice for the people" or "helping the downtrodden" or some such platitudes, but I believe its really about fame and money, or the thought of money down the road. Now, I believe in the capitalist system and free market as much as any conservative; they can take whoever they want as a client, but its certainly a sign of a lack of individual decency to me to WANT to defend someone this heinous. This isn't a dispute between two individuals over some property, or money, or even defending a person against a serious charge where the facts may truly be in dispute or where no one got physically hurt...a young woman was MURDERED in this case...and a child ABDUCTED. Would I want someone to skillfully defend me if I was charged with a crime? Certainly...but on the other hand, I'm not going to be killing a woman to abduct her baby, either. My folks did their best to teach me right from wrong and though I don't get it correct every time, I'm pretty certain I've got the gist of it when it comes to the big stuff as do most people.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Oldgringo »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
SewTexas wrote:He said WHAT??? :mad5 Oh, she's suppose to go home and "tend her children" meanwhile 4? other children will never, ever have their mother "tend" them!!!! Ooooo :mad5 :mad5 I know, I know....he's just doing his job, but he could have pick just about any other words...it's a good thing I wasn't the judge on the bench, I probably would have tripled the bail just on principle.

I often say that when I "grow up I want to be a judge" but then????
No, I really don't think he's "just doing his job". I am certainly not naive enough to think that a complex society can run without laws and without people to interpret those laws and act as "agents" for persons in a court of laws, especially when they are as complex as ours. BUT, and if folks don't like this so be it, I cannot condone why some lawyers seemingly jump at the chance to get someone like this woman off the charges. They may tell themselves its so they can get "justice for the people" or "helping the downtrodden" or some such platitudes, but I believe its really about fame and money, or the thought of money down the road. Now, I believe in the capitalist system and free market as much as any conservative; they can take whoever they want as a client, but its certainly a sign of a lack of individual decency to me to WANT to defend someone this heinous. This isn't a dispute between two individuals over some property, or money, or even defending a person against a serious charge where the facts may truly be in dispute or where no one got physically hurt...a young woman was MURDERED in this case...and a child ABDUCTED. Would I want someone to skillfully defend me if I was charged with a crime? Certainly...but on the other hand, I'm not going to be killing a woman to abduct her baby, either. My folks did their best to teach me right from wrong and though I don't get it correct every time, I'm pretty certain I've got the gist of it when it comes to the big stuff as do most people.
It's the American way... :rules: We have to take the good with the bad and the ugly.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 10

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

As for the attorney in the case, he is honor bound to defend that animal no matter how he may feel about what she did. I feel bad for him... I would lose respect for him if he did anything less than what the laws of our land prescribe.

If that were my wife or daughter killed and daughter or granddaughter left with no mother, I would pray they let that animal out on bail. :evil2: The attorney could feel proud he did right and I could help save the good people of Houston, money on a trial.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

Many criminal defense attorneys are ruthless and will use any angle they can to get their client off. As 03Lightningrocks stated, they are bound by their agreement to defend the person, right or wrong.

When I was a LEO, we had a criminal trial lawyer that (at the time) had less scruples than Atila the Hun. He would do anything it took to win a case. Morals, feelings, etc were thrown to the wind. However, had I ever needed to be defended in a criminal case, he would have been the first one I went to since he had a fantastic track record of getting his clients found not guilty.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...we had one in S'port who defended all the scummies...Bandidos, druggies, robbers, and such...hated the police...feeling was mutual...he bought himself a new boat and was out with friends one day...a storm came up in the distance...he stood up in the boat, raised his arms, and yelled with customary arrogance "Here I AM!!!"...and was struck dead with lightning...talk about justice...

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

speedsix wrote:...we had one in S'port who defended all the scummies...Bandidos, druggies, robbers, and such...hated the police...feeling was mutual...he bought himself a new boat and was out with friends one day...a storm came up in the distance...he stood up in the boat, raised his arms, and yelled with customary arrogance "Here I AM!!!"...and was struck dead with lightning...talk about justice...
Well, Justice may be blind, but God is an acurate shot. :evil2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mamabearCali »

Keith B wrote:
Well, Justice may be blind, but God is an acurate shot. :evil2:
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Fear that God sees knows and is just kept me on the straight and narrow for much of my would be rebellious youth.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...as for the rest, God also forgives...and His mercies are new every morning...which is why I haven't met the same fate as Mr. Thomas did...

Return to “The Crime Blotter”