Woman Beheaded in Oklahoma

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

BobCat
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Woman Beheaded in Oklahoma

Post by BobCat »

The story I read said the person who shot the killer was a Reserve Deputy. Might be off-duty LEO but I worked with a guy who was a Reserve Deputy, just meant he was a regular citizen who had taken some training with the County Sheriff"s Department so he could be "drafted" as a Deputy if needed. Still a regular citizen though, not a sworn LEO. I should look this up before posting so I don't post something stupid...

Anyway I figured the media called him something official-sounding so they would not have to say outright that an armed citizen stopped the attack.
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

suthdj
Posts in topic: 3

Post by suthdj »

21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

BobCat

Post by BobCat »

Thank you for that link!
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

BobCat wrote:Thank you for that link!
Ditto! :tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The link has some errant info. They imply Oklahoma has a law that prohibits employers from preventing a CHL from carrying in their business, and that is not true. They do have a parking lot law like we do, but that is as far as it goes. As for the guy that stopped the attack, he is the Chief Operations Officer for the company, as well as a reserve deputy sheriff, so I am sure he was able to set or at least influence policy for concealed carry at the business.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RetNavy »

just read an article that the authorities are classifying this as work place violence, not a terrorist attack.... but critics want it change to a terrorist attack.... even mentioned that the Obama administration is going to classify as such.... one guy kills one person and while it is sad.... one guy who had known connections to Al-Qaida kills 13 soldiers on an Army base and its still classified as work place violence.
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

C-dub
Posts in topic: 8

Post by C-dub »

Keith B wrote:The link has some errant info. They imply Oklahoma has a law that prohibits employers from preventing a CHL from carrying in their business, and that is not true.
Awe, kill joy. :biggrinjester:

I was hoping we would have something else to follow OK up with in the gun law arena. :grumble
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964

Post by philip964 »

All the initial news stories from everyone, describe the hero as a Reserve Deputy as if he was some sort of paid armed security at the business. Now stories are coming out he was a CHL who happened to be carrying when the tragedy occurred.

Anyone have a link to a story that confirms he was a CHL, so I can shout it from the rooftops.

Apparently the guy communicated with some "Cleric" in Boston who was also buds with the two guys whose name I won't spell who had pressure cookers.

Yeah workplace violence.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

BG is awake and will be formally charged and all that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

Deleted
Last edited by anygunanywhere on Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

anygunanywhere wrote:Muslims Shout “Praise Allah!” Surround OK Police Following Press Conference on Beheading

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/09 ... beheading/

Anygunanywhere
Saw this yesterday on a satire site. Gave me pause about its authenticity.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jmra
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jmra »

jmra wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Muslims Shout “Praise Allah!” Surround OK Police Following Press Conference on Beheading

Anygunanywhere
http://www.snopes.com/info/news/beheaded.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to the Moore PD public affairs officer this didn't happen. (Bottom of page)
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

jmra wrote:
jmra wrote:

Anygunanywhere
http://www.snopes.com/info/news/beheaded.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to the Moore PD public affairs officer this didn't happen. (Bottom of page)
Thanks for the information.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

jmra wrote:
jmra wrote:

Anygunanywhere
For what it's worth, the couple that makes up the Snopes team (the Mikkelsons) are hard-core lefty Dems and some of what they have claimed to debunk is actually true, and some of what they claim to be true is actually bunk.

Their shenanigans is easily findable on the Internet. Most of it has to do with what Obama said or didn't say, as well as his connection with Bill Ayers, which they completely whitewash.
Last edited by Redneck_Buddha on Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
jmra wrote:
jmra wrote:

Anygunanywhere
For what it's worth, the couple that makes up the Snopes team (the Mikkelsons) are hard-core lefty Dems and some of what they have claimed to debunk is actually true, and some of what they claim to be true is actually bunk.

Their shenanigans is easily findable on the Internet.
I've heard this for a few years now. I wonder if there's a site fact checking snopes.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”