Woman Beheaded in Oklahoma

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Woman Beheaded in Oklahoma

Post by anygunanywhere »

Disgruntled fired employee returns, stabs, beheads woman. Attacks second woman and is shot by reserve deputy who works there.

FBI asked to investigate suspect's background.

https://news.yahoo.com/police-woman-beh ... 59291.html

Second article:
The FBI is now looking into Nolen’s background after his former co-workers said he tried to convert them to Islam after recently converting himself.
http://kfor.com/2014/09/25/reports-poli ... ery-store/

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Woman Beheaded in Oklahoma

Post by RoyGBiv »

And so it begins....
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

RoyGBiv wrote:And so it begins....
Yep....

....and the sad part is this: how hard is it going to get for Muslims in this country who ARE good citizens? We have at least a couple of Muslim members of this board I can think of, who are solid citizens who love this country. Possibly they are not the only ones. As more and more of this stuff happens, life is going to get difficult for them. I have strong religious disagreements with Islam, but that doesn't mean that I want harm to befall solid citizens who are Muslims. They have as much right to practice their religion here as I have to practice mine. If they are solid, productive citizens, we need to ALSO be vigilant about protecting their rights while at the same time being vigilant about stopping this stuff from happening.

I'm not trying to be PC here. I remember when that guy was running around the southeastern states sniping at abortionists and had killed at least one. He claimed to be a Christian. I think he was crazy, but insanity does not bar one from being a believer. The nation's "progressives" (read that as "fascists") had a field day pounding on "murderous Christians" for that one. I'd hate to see that happen here, directed against people whose religion we may not agree with, but who are good citizens of this country.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pawpaw »

:iagree: TAM, the only thing I would change in your post would be to delete the word "possibly".

I work with several Muslims and every one of them are among the kindest & gentlest people I know. Unfortunately, they're not the ones getting the press lately.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

Michele Bachmann stated today at the Value Voters Summit that Obama was wrong when he said ISIS was not about Islam but about terrorist extremist, she said it was about Islam. Her state apparently has a lot of Islams and synagogues. I think America is in big trouble as long as we are politically correct when it comes to Islam. I was raised to respect others religions and that may well be USA Achilles heel.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Pilgrim wrote:Michele Bachmann stated today at the Value Voters Summit that Obama was wrong when he said ISIS was not about Islam but about terrorist extremist, she said it was about Islam. Her state apparently has a lot of Islams and synagogues. I think America is in big trouble as long as we are politically correct when it comes to Islam. I was raised to respect others religions and that may well be USA Achilles heel.
Then so be it. I will not abandon my morals or principles for convenience, no matter how dear the price. Fight evil, not ideals.

ETA: I was not insinuating that you had a different view.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

The Annoyed Man wrote: I'm not trying to be PC here. I remember when that guy was running around the southeastern states sniping at abortionists and had killed at least one. He claimed to be a Christian. I think he was crazy, but insanity does not bar one from being a believer. The nation's "progressives" (read that as "fascists") had a field day pounding on "murderous Christians" for that one. I'd hate to see that happen here, directed against people whose religion we may not agree with, but who are good citizens of this country.
I agree with you. ISIS is a terror movement that hides behind the skirts of a religion for justification. It's just like the sniper you mention and the kings that invaded other countries so they could carry out "religious conversions" under the banner of Christianity..

It's unfortunate that it's staining people in this country because some of us can't see between the smoke and mirrors.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:And so it begins....
Yep....

....and the sad part is this: how hard is it going to get for Muslims in this country who ARE good citizens? We have at least a couple of Muslim members of this board I can think of, who are solid citizens who love this country. Possibly they are not the only ones. As more and more of this stuff happens, life is going to get difficult for them. I have strong religious disagreements with Islam, but that doesn't mean that I want harm to befall solid citizens who are Muslims. They have as much right to practice their religion here as I have to practice mine. If they are solid, productive citizens, we need to ALSO be vigilant about protecting their rights while at the same time being vigilant about stopping this stuff from happening.

I'm not trying to be PC here. I remember when that guy was running around the southeastern states sniping at abortionists and had killed at least one. He claimed to be a Christian. I think he was crazy, but insanity does not bar one from being a believer. The nation's "progressives" (read that as "fascists") had a field day pounding on "murderous Christians" for that one. I'd hate to see that happen here, directed against people whose religion we may not agree with, but who are good citizens of this country.
Thank you! I am armed to protect myself, my family and those who are I love from Extremists nuts wherever they come from. I for sure will never waiver from refuting those who hijack Islam for their own wicked and extreme dogma. True in Islam we have a Jihad, but as our Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, "The greater Jihad is the Jihad of oneself" That is conquering yourself from evil doings, and purifying and bettering yourself to do the good deeds.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

IlliniBill

Post by IlliniBill »

Pilgrim wrote:Michele Bachmann stated today at the Value Voters Summit that Obama was wrong when he said ISIS was not about Islam but about terrorist extremist, she said it was about Islam. Her state apparently has a lot of Islams and synagogues. I think America is in big trouble as long as we are politically correct when it comes to Islam. I was raised to respect others religions and that may well be USA Achilles heel.
Agree 100%. Islam is the problem. Always has been.

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Lone wolf maniacs. This is not the first and will not be the last.

I don't hate all Muslims or people who believe in Islam. I'd like to think I'd give the individual a break and get to know them for their own sake. What I have a hard time with is NOT seeing the moral outrage on a mass scale against this kind of barbarism under the name of their sacred religion. Where are the protests against this ultimate abuse of their religion?
It's like their silence condones it. This I find hard to forgive, if I am to be completely honest. I'm angry...
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

OK, drop the discussion of religion. This has not been proven to be anything other than an act of a disgruntled employee who had been fired, and we will not bring the pointing of fingers at religion into this, whether the media does or not. Stop or the topic till be locked.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Nothing to see here folks just some run of the mill workplace violence from a psychopath. Cutting peoples heads off is the new "going postal" so be careful out there fellow Denizens of these United States...
III

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

ISIS may or may not have agents in place to conduct "lone wolf" attacks, but for sure they've given the green light to the murderously unstable.

Lots of crazies need only a little encouragement to kill and ISIS is boosting their motivation as happened in Oklahoma.

Was the lunatic in Oklahoma an agent with direct orders from a terrorist group?

My opinion: NO

I think he was a garden variety unstable person looking for an excuse to murder and as soon as he found one (getting fired) he carried out his crime certain he was justified.

rotor

Post by rotor »

The issue of real importance is that man with a gun stops bad man with a knife.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

rotor wrote:The issue of real importance is that man with a gun stops bad man with a knife.
Motivations aside, that is indeed the true lesson to be learned, or passed on to others. Yes, the individual who fired the shot(s) was an off-duty LEO, but it could as easily have been a private citizen who happened to be in the right place at the right time. I certainly hope that a bill reducing the number of off-limits areas gets through our legislature next year. This incident provides another great example of why it should.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”