Florida CHL Holder kills suspect fighting deputy

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 7

Florida CHL Holder kills suspect fighting deputy

Post by Lynyrd »

I did a search for this one, but didn't find anything. I'm sorry if there is another thread already going.

http://www.winknews.com/2016/11/14/poli ... -exit-123/
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Topic author
Lynyrd

Re: Florida CHL Holder kills suspect fighting deputy

Post by Lynyrd »

The "passerby" fired three shots while the BG was on top of the deputy. I'm confident in my shooting, but.....

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

You beat me to this story!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

Glad this ended well for the LEO and the brave person who chose to help. :tiphat:
I just hope that if there is anyone who has LEO(s) in their family, who voted for Hitlery, now understands why she was defeated. If she had won,there would have been no one able to help because she wanted to disarm us all. This would have just gone down as another mostly unreported LEO death.

I hope the passserby gets some counseling, while his actions are heroic, there s no one who wants to take another's life.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Jusme wrote:Glad this ended well for the LEO and the brave person who chose to help. :tiphat:
I just hope that if there is anyone who has LEO(s) in their family, who voted for Hitlery, now understands why she was defeated. If she had won,there would have been no one able to help because she wanted to disarm us all. This would have just gone down as another mostly unreported LEO death.

I hope the passserby gets some counseling, while his actions are heroic, there s no one who wants to take another's life.
According to the article, the suspect was armed. I'm guessing the person who intervened was just going about his day when suddenly he was faced with a life or death situation. And you are correct sir, how would this have ended if this private citizen and been denied his 2A rights.

I think this is also a good example of why you should always carry if you are licensed. I know people who don't, and I just don't understand it.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

Good shooting.
USAF 1982-2005

george72
Posts in topic: 1

Post by george72 »

My thanks to this concealed carrier for saving the deputy.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Lynyrd wrote:The "passerby" fired three shots while the BG was on top of the deputy. I'm confident in my shooting, but.....
It is contact distance, please if anyone cannot hit a man sized target 5 ft away, please do not carry.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Beiruty wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:The "passerby" fired three shots while the BG was on top of the deputy. I'm confident in my shooting, but.....
It is contact distance, please if anyone cannot hit a man sized target 5 ft away, please do not carry.
Where do you see it was 5 feet? I didn't find a distance quoted in any of the articles about this incident.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Lynyrd wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
Where do you see it was 5 feet? I didn't find a distance quoted in any of the articles about this incident.
Let us make it 10ft, or 3yrd, how about 5 yards, Man size is still a large target at this distance. Practice, Practice, and practice a bit more. Attended some defensive shooting style matches.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Beiruty wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
Let us make it 10ft, or 3yrd, how about 5 yards, Man size is still a large target at this distance. Practice, Practice, and practice a bit more. Attended some defensive shooting style matches.
You completely mistook my original comment. It was not about the accuracy, or the distance. I am completely confident in my shooting, but.... when there is an innocent in contact with the BG you would have to be very confident, and very deliberate to take that shot. Now in this instance we can assume the BG was armed because the article said that. Urgency and action seemed to be necessary.

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

Aim small miss small

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

Philosophical question here.

Lets say the rolls are reversed. You pull up and a cop is wailing on a civilian. Has his baton out and is just pulverizing someone. They are on the ground, defenseless. What do you do?

Topic author
Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

uthornsfan wrote:Aim small miss small
:iagree:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”