Florida CHL Holder kills suspect fighting deputy

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

mr1337
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Florida CHL Holder kills suspect fighting deputy

Post by mr1337 »

Lynyrd wrote:The "passerby" fired three shots while the BG was on top of the deputy. I'm confident in my shooting, but.....
And now there's a video on the news article criticizing the CCW license holder on the number of shots he fired. "Were 3 shots necessary?"

You shoot to stop the threat. If the threat isn't stopped, you don't stop shooting. They should be praising the man for acting swiftly and courageously to save the deputy's life.
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

mr1337 wrote:
Lynyrd wrote:The "passerby" fired three shots while the BG was on top of the deputy. I'm confident in my shooting, but.....
And now there's a video on the news article criticizing the CCW license holder on the number of shots he fired. "Were 3 shots necessary?"

You shoot to stop the threat. If the threat isn't stopped, you don't stop shooting. They should be praising the man for acting swiftly and courageously to save the deputy's life.

Typical left wing rhetoric. No facts regarding anything other than the number of shots fired and they have already decided it was "overkill"
They can't stand the fact that a GG with a gun stopped a BG with a gun.

The guy ought to be invited to Trump's inauguration.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Lynyrd »

They should have asked the deputy if 3 shots was okay. I read one article where a witnessed quoted the deputy as yelling at the GG, "Shoot him! Shoot him!"
Do what you say you're gonna do.

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Couple of updates:

1) Cop was white, bad guy was black, CC'r was black. News story
2) Sheriff praised the CC'r and even went so far as to reach out to a LGS to get him a new firearm since his is in the evidence locker. See Sheriff's comments on Facebook here. (Quoted below)

A note from Sheriff Mike Scott:

Earlier this week, two heroes met on I-75 and while they had never met before, one would save the others life. I was at the hospital when the ambulance arrived, the rear doors opened, and my Deputy Dean Bardes was unloaded on a stretcher. Bloody from a vicious attack by a driver Bardes had stopped for endangering the lives of other innocent citizens in our community, the Medics wheeled him into a treatment room. Joined by others from our team, I was there when his wife and family arrived with fear and concern for their loved one as the E.R. team worked on him. Ironically, this was the first day in a while that Deputy Bardes was alone on patrol because as a Field Training Officer, he typically has a recruit riding with him to learn the business. A business that has seen an increasingly alarming rise in attacks and killings perpetrated on cops. A business that has fallen victim to false narratives like Ferguson where the good guys have been painted as the bad guys by a vocal minority that refuses to allow facts and evidence to get in their way. A business that is the last line of defense between good and evil.

On behalf of the men and women of the LCSO, I thank Deputy Dean Bardes for his bravery and pray for a full recovery. I thank the E.R. staff and E.M.S. for their immediate attention to Dean, and I thank the many witnesses to this event who stopped to assist our Detectives. I thank my good friends at “Shoot Straight” who realized that the hero’s gun was taken as evidence and immediately gave him a brand new firearm. Above all, I thank the hero that recognized the imminent threat, rushed to Deputy Bardes’ aid, and ultimately stopped that threat. In a day and age where race is a near instant focus for media and other pundits in police incidents, the fact is that this hero happens to be a man of color who stopped another man of color from further harming or killing a white cop; thereby reminding us that black lives matter, blue lives matter, and indeed all life matters. We at your Sheriff’s Office remain proud to serve and focused on the mission.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

:thumbs2:
EXCELLENT statement from the Sherriff's Office!
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

SigM4 wrote:Couple of updates:

1) Cop was white, bad guy was black, CC'r was black. News story
2) Sheriff praised the CC'r and even went so far as to reach out to a LGS to get him a new firearm since his is in the evidence locker. See Sheriff's comments on Facebook here. (Quoted below)

A note from Sheriff Mike Scott:

Earlier this week, two heroes met on I-75 and while they had never met before, one would save the others life. I was at the hospital when the ambulance arrived, the rear doors opened, and my Deputy Dean Bardes was unloaded on a stretcher. Bloody from a vicious attack by a driver Bardes had stopped for endangering the lives of other innocent citizens in our community, the Medics wheeled him into a treatment room. Joined by others from our team, I was there when his wife and family arrived with fear and concern for their loved one as the E.R. team worked on him. Ironically, this was the first day in a while that Deputy Bardes was alone on patrol because as a Field Training Officer, he typically has a recruit riding with him to learn the business. A business that has seen an increasingly alarming rise in attacks and killings perpetrated on cops. A business that has fallen victim to false narratives like Ferguson where the good guys have been painted as the bad guys by a vocal minority that refuses to allow facts and evidence to get in their way. A business that is the last line of defense between good and evil.

On behalf of the men and women of the LCSO, I thank Deputy Dean Bardes for his bravery and pray for a full recovery. I thank the E.R. staff and E.M.S. for their immediate attention to Dean, and I thank the many witnesses to this event who stopped to assist our Detectives. I thank my good friends at “Shoot Straight” who realized that the hero’s gun was taken as evidence and immediately gave him a brand new firearm. Above all, I thank the hero that recognized the imminent threat, rushed to Deputy Bardes’ aid, and ultimately stopped that threat. In a day and age where race is a near instant focus for media and other pundits in police incidents, the fact is that this hero happens to be a man of color who stopped another man of color from further harming or killing a white cop; thereby reminding us that black lives matter, blue lives matter, and indeed all life matters. We at your Sheriff’s Office remain proud to serve and focused on the mission.
Awesome statement from the sheriff and prayers to both the hero's! :tiphat:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

Middle Age Russ wrote::thumbs2:
EXCELLENT statement from the Sherriff's Office!

:iagree:

Along with Kudos to "Shoot Straight" for making sure the GG wasn't left unarmed.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The owner of "Shoot Straight Firearms" LGS knew that the GG's gun was taken
in evidence, and he offered the GG his choice of handgun for free.

The GG's choice in handgun was a Springfield Armory XDS (eXtreme Duty Single stack).
No further description in the news item as to whether it was 9MM or .45; 3.3" or 4.0" barrel.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

The "bad guy" had retired in 2007 after 21 years as a corrections officer with the Connecticut Dept. Of Corrections.
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Dadtodabone wrote:The "bad guy" had retired in 2007 after 21 years as a corrections officer with the Connecticut Dept. Of Corrections.
Now that's a very odd twist to this story.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:The owner of "Shoot Straight Firearms" LGS knew that the GG's gun was taken
in evidence, and he offered the GG his choice of handgun for free.

The GG's choice in handgun was a Springfield Armory XDS (eXtreme Duty Single stack).
No further description in the news item as to whether it was 9MM or .45; 3.3" or 4.0" barrel.

SIA
http://freedomdaily.com/hero-killed-thu ... um=twitter
The citizen’s gun was seized in the course of the investigation, and it’s not likely that he will get it back. But people appreciated his courage and willingness to do the right thing, no matter what it might cost him. But Shoot Straight gun store owner Mark Williams called Bardes’ department and asked if he could do something for the citizen in return.

Three days after saving Bardes’ life, the citizen was invited to the gun store and told he could choose any concealed carry weapon that he wanted. He ended up choosing a Springfield XDS, and can continue to keep himself — and his community — safe.

Wallace Dunn

Post by Wallace Dunn »

uthornsfan wrote:Philosophical question here.

Lets say the rolls are reversed. You pull up and a cop is wailing on a civilian. Has his baton out and is just pulverizing someone. They are on the ground, defenseless. What do you do?
Man, I understand your question and where you're coming from, but it's really REALLY sad that you have to ask that question. I agree with the poster that said videotape and call 911.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Here is the latest update http://www.khq.com/story/34893285/flori ... -justified Other topic locked as duplicate
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “The Crime Blotter”