Make sense of this please: gun is dropped by LEO when he bumps another officer, gun discharges, K9 bits officers

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Make sense of this please: gun is dropped by LEO when he bumps another officer, gun discharges, K9 bits officers

Post by MechAg94 »

Just a question on tactics, they let an armed man run out of the restaurant. Is that really a good idea? I don't know if I want officers to gun people down, but he could have shot someone while they were pursuing him. Is the criminal's life worth the risk of a bystander getting shot because they let him run away?

I don't know the details of this encounter. There may have been other reasons such as bystanders in the line of fire.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Make sense of this please: gun is dropped by LEO when he bumps another officer, gun discharges, K9 bits officers

Post by philip964 »

MechAg94 wrote:Just a question on tactics, they let an armed man run out of the restaurant. Is that really a good idea? I don't know if I want officers to gun people down, but he could have shot someone while they were pursuing him. Is the criminal's life worth the risk of a bystander getting shot because they let him run away?

I don't know the details of this encounter. There may have been other reasons such as bystanders in the line of fire.
The officers apparently were concerned about the safety of the employees and customers who were still in the restaurant and got them to safety first.

The dogs actions, other than the expressed idea that they were punishing the offending gun handling, is still a mystery.

Gee in the olden days (two years ago, before Furguson, or eight years ago, before Obama) I am assuming the officers would have said "shoot yourself or drop the gun" If the suspect failed to do either of those in a prompt manner, they would have saved the taxpayers some money.

In the new world we live in, we have this result.

Wolfgang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Wolfgang »

The true story is that the K9, tired of being treated like a dog, lost control and pulled one of the officers guns. Unable to get a proper grip with his mouth the pistol wiggled around and his tongue pulled the trigger.
Film at 11.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”