Austin, TX - Man fatally stabs stepmon over Cowboys game

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Austin, TX - Man fatally stabs stepmon over Cowboys game

Post by Flightmare »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /95737070/

I wish this was something I made up. I've had rivalries with friends over different college teams. The general rule is they cheer for their team, I cheer for mine. Neither one of us is disrespectful of the others team. We all get along. I've heard the phrase "keep Austin weird", but this is too weird for me.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Deltaboy

Re: Austin, TX - Man fatally stabs stepmon over Cowboys game

Post by Deltaboy »

Sad Prayers sent.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

george wrote:I seem to recall an aggie boy chasing a cheerleader around with a saber some time back in College Station?
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Sport Coach »

The Internet just has all sorts of historical good fun!
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

"I seem to recall an aggie boy chasing a cheerleader around with a saber some time back in College Station?'
Heck, I remember years earlier (1973, "the Halftime of Infamy") when an enraged crowd of hundreds of Aggies chased the Rice Marching Owl Band out of Rice Stadium. The band had to be smuggled out of the stadium in food trucks. My suite mate was one of them - he was visibly shaken by the time he made it back to our rooms.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

And I was thinking and believing that the loss of sportsmanship was a recent thing.

Football.
I don't get it. Its just a kids game with no meaning. Doesn't affect taxes, or personal civil rights or anything important.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Sport Coach
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Sport Coach »

And I thought marketing nonsense was more recent. However, Listerine told people after WWI that you would be a social outcast if you didn't use their product (source: book Only Yesterday) and Grape Nuts told parents/kids prior to WWI that kids needed to have more stamina in playground fights so they should eat Grape Nuts (source: book Dead Wake). This is why I tell people that regardless of what we read about history, it WILL repeat itself - human nature.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

What I find most ludicrous is anybody getting upset over a GAME! Certainly not to the level of arguing over it, the one and only time my wife (then) had her family over for thanksgiving my father in law got into an argument with my wife's Grandfather over which football game they were going to watch, when it got heated I made the announcement that nobody was watching any football at my house, they packed up and left within five minutes!
I don't watch sports at all, no football, baseball, hockey nothing, when other little boys played football or baseball I was hunting or shooting something, when I reached my teens I started reloading my own ammunition!
I became a Firefighter and to this day I believe society has things really fouled up, players make millions of dollars playing a GAME, police, fire, EMS make life and death decisions, they put their lives on the line for others and at best they make a middle class income, something is just wrong with that! So hurting somebody over a game is beyond my comprehension!

Rant Off!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “The Crime Blotter”